Author Topic: Blue Tie Torso  (Read 1178 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Blue Tie Torso
« on: October 16, 2019, 14:44:19 »
As some of you might already be aware of, I have a soft spot for police officers. Last week I stumbled upon an eBay auction which included something singularly interesting: you can see it on the right.

Now, that torso rang no bell at all. I contacted the seller to ask if it was original or a custom (since I couldn't tell from the photo) and they had no clue either. The only possible course of action then was to buy it, and so I did.

I received the lot yesterday, and it kinda came as a surprise that the klicky is, indeed, legit. The torso is printed: it is not a sticker, nor is the badge (as I suspected it might be) hand-made.

My knowledge is not exhaustive by any means, but I've spent quite a bit of time looking for torsos which could work for police uniforms, and never have I ever seen this one. Moreover, the badge – it kinda strikes me as odd, I can't think of anything like it either.

It might be worth mentioning too that the skin color does not look like a match for any other I have.

Does anyone here happen to have any clue as to the origin of this klicky?

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Blue Tie Torso
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 14:57:51 »
My first thought was a security guard other than cop, and here he is
70114 - Club Set Airport
Airport security guard.  Pretty recent too

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Re: Blue Tie Torso
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 18:53:47 »
My first thought was a security guard other than cop, and here he is
70114 - Club Set Airport
Airport security guard.  Pretty recent too

And I thought I was up to date on recent releases. Makes me wonder how many other new sets slipped under my radar. Is that an exclusive or something?

Thanks for your real-time answer, Tiermann! Now that I know where it's from I hope I'll be able to get some more, though the skin color does limit its versatility a bit.