Author Topic: 5598+5599 Figures 9  (Read 12761 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: 5598+5599 Figures 9
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 18:38:11 »
thanks for your commentary and detailed photos, Tahra....makes it easier to wait for them coming out now that i can see every part..not that I need any...

i agree with you....these Fi?ures are supposed to be interchangeable....somebody there needs to be transferred to another department....his is the 9th series and the number of un-interchangeable parts are probaly more then ever....they would have discovered this when making the paper instructions and reject those torsos that cannot be fixed together....dosnt any kid bring those fat or slim figures to the stores and complain? Will they start putting big green ogres(?) in future line-ups....is it that hard to add new Fi?ures whic are interchangeable or like you said...they've forgotten after 8 rounds  ::)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 19:02:01 »
Thanks for the look at the new series Tahra. A few good ones there. Not as nice as the last series, but it seems to be every other one as far as getting more interesting figures. Hopefully they will release the cat mask in black one day.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 22:25:36 »
The Mongolian archer is definitely the best for me out of this group. I can't wait to have those orange robes; they've the same printing as the purple ones from the Dragon Knight wizard. :)

It'd be nice to have a few of those undead heads from the ghost for customs too.

The torso is beautiful in the front, with the back a bit lacking.

And the front isn't lacking? :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 14:32:12 »
Really!? Maybe I should get glasses  :-[

I'll recheck. I didn't put them side by side  :-[

Well... SOMEONE needs glasses... but I'm not sure it's me  :P

Opinions?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 14:33:52 »
And the front isn't lacking? :lol:

Nope, the front is GORGEOUS.  :love: :love: :love:
(ok, it may be a bit... smallish  :P )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 16:58:30 »
So, final decisions (kinda).

5598 Boys

2. Ranger - original

4. Gladiator - Not being fond of the helmet, we figured like this, with just a different weapon he'd look fine in the arena or on a more... tribal setting ;D

8. Painter - Love that torso, and it was a waste to hide it under the (strangely pristine) coat. So, though not sure what his job will be yet, he makes a good looking recent klicky. Kept the arms and legs - and the paint bucket! - maybe we'll do a female painter to join the rest.

9. Mongolian Archer = :love: But we figured to do some sort of "nobleman" of him. A mongolian archer must, imo, ride. He cannot ride in skirts. Ergo, he is no archer. What he is is GORGEOUS.

11. Tennis Player - I thought that yellow thing was mostly a waste. I don't NEED more tennis players, but I liked the torso. So, new head (DUH!), new hair... Gave him a headband, and he is no longer using the invible magic balls.

And the others...

1. General, 3. Zirndorf Policeman - to be decided. Need the rest of the naval/victorian soldiers.
5. Breakdancer - thinking about that AMAZING torso + arms...
6. Dwarf King - we TRIED to fix him, but couldn't make it work. Do we really need a dwarf king, my sister asked? Nope, not really. Not now. Not a must. That torso WILL make a green officer for one of my roman groups...
7. Winged Ninja - to be decided. Not sure we have the torso, but we have everything else... several times.
10. Indian Brave, 12. Dark Ghost - please.

5599 Girls

1. Ice Queen - ALMOST original. Since it WAS a waste, we figured we'd do something with the outer skirt at a later date.

2. Bride - romanish/ancient something.. Maybe one of the Hestians? I wanted that veggie crown, but the white flowers were HUGE on it, so, ended up going with a simpler style (see, how great that hair peg can be? ;) )

3. Dancer - couldn't make up our minds, so, both versions - west and ancient.

5. Granny - we have no more purple short skirts, so... no way. Anyway, I think she looks much better like this. A shame she doesn't have flat shoes. It would suit a granny way better. We made a teacher of her, with that briefcase :)

6. Ballerina - original.

7. Stewardess - original.

10. Fencer - original.

9. Catwoman - ahem. She was a bit strange. First gave up making a skinny woman around the torso+mask. Then when passing to the normal bodies, decided on a guy. But hey, maybe we'll make a female friend for him with another mask. Shame we don't have all red arms. Also wanted old style red legs, but they didn't match the rest :(

12. Samba Dancer - not likely we'd keep such. Strongly dislike the real thing. The wings SCREAMED fairy as soon as we saw them. Then my sister got there, and in spite of the lack of speedo options, she made him :)  Looking great.

The others..

4. Doctor - enough docs around
8. Winged Fairy - please
11. Skater - SOMETHING will be done with the torso.

And that's it.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 20:17:19 »
Thanks so much for sharing! I've been waiting to see these up close and personal! I agree with most of what you've said. The quality control is out of hand...especially on this mystery series. I thought that the torso were getting rubbed by customers in stores "feeling up" the bags. But now I'm convinced that's not the case since your figures came boxed and never felt up by the general public.

I love the granny, samba dancer, and granny. I like the Zirndorf officer too since I missed getting that special. But you're right, if you needed them for an army, being all full-figured doesn't help to add variety.

It's basically predictable at this point that we will see a skateboarder/rollerblader and fairy in every series!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 22:01:18 »
3. Zirndorf Policeman

Gah. Not only almost a reedition of the recent Zirndorf museum policeman, but also almost the victorian one. What a lack of imagination. Couldn't he at least come in a non-fat version? 

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2000%206932

set 4239
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 22:36:56 »
Hold on to your glasses, Tahra  ;D

I don't have the new dwarf yet...but a friend (a dwarf collector..) has...and he explicitly pointed out the new color...and that it is matching the old green of the Napoleon. He was so happy to have a new color.

I might recommend to him to see an ophthalmologist...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 06:27:42 »
Superb review, yet again, and so detailed it's like unwrapping them all myself  :)  Thanks a bunch! Must have been so much work!

I really like your custom versions, especially the samba dancer and the updated bride.

I'll definitely know which ones to look out for at Luxplaymodays now.