Author Topic: 5596+5597 Figures 8  (Read 16568 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5596+5597 Figures 8
« on: March 15, 2015, 16:49:15 »
5596+5597 Figures 8

First, the mandatory note:

I've been told I am sometimes harsh on my comments. Keep in mind I LOVE playmobil. Generally, it's GREAT. Without a doubt and by FAR, the GREATEST toy on the Universe. And also keep in mind that I've gotten a box of each boys and girls since the first series - meaning, despite all the "problems" I point out, they are VERY MUCH WORTH IT. We ALL know playmobil rules, so I suppose I tend to point out the problems. There are only so many ways of saying AWESOME, right?

As usual, these were highly anticipated. This time, there WAS a serious reason for it - I was dying to see the speedo boots. They did not disappoint :love:

The boxes are unfortunately like the last ones - simple and not that nice, with no image of the figures. That is lousy, especially because you can't really see the figures in the packs themselves either...

Sorry for the lousy box pics, but we couldn't wait, so..

And the packs:

My sister noted the lousy quality of the instructions as soon as she opened the first pack. It feels off, it smells off. A real shame to see our beloved playmobil's quality go downhill like this. Also, what was wrong with the numbers on those lists?

The packs were again neatly organized - which was good, cause I didn't have time to go through them the first night - we opened one of each "girls" before my class (the gladiator could NOT wait) and one of each "boys" when I got back. The rest the next day. All even again.

In all the packs we opened, there were these extras:

The butterfly and the feathers are very welcome, as is the hat thingie - and the neckpieces.. the grey hood most of all...

Great that there ended up being a couple of each wristthings, and a red neckpiece.. We need to sort the confederates (again). Bayonets are nice, since I think we are missing quite a few.

(more later.... )

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5596+5597 Figures 8
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:15:38 »
Thank you so far, really waiting to see more. I tried to buy some this weekend, but the two big toyshops in town don't have them (yet?)...
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 09:40:42 »
Thank you so far, really waiting to see more. I tried to buy some this weekend, but the two big toyshops in town don't have them (yet?)...

Don't hold your breath..  :-[

Here I saw very few packs of series 6 (but I did grab me a couple of scots!) - I don't think I saw any series 7 :(

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:45:36 »
Really? We did get them till series 7 at least... I don't want them all. I really love to examine the bags before buying.

Great you found more scots!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 12:22:18 »
I really like the Medieval knight in green armour as well as the Fisherman  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:22:56 »
I look forward to your individual reviews of the figures! :) I can't wait to get these, for the king and crusader and for those boots also!
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:40 »
We both love the lion king (though not as a knight!) and the fisherman (but that one not in numbers)..

I like the cruzader a lot (except the torso) - and of course I LOVE the speedo boots.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 08:12:09 »
I like the lion knight, the viking, the wizard and the pirate.

While the pirate is quite generic, I really like more modest pirates like that who for once does not have a long coat. Could maybe use a less fancy hat but otherwise he looks great to use as civilian or sailor and the head is easy to change with figures.

Viking could maybe use a different torso, but I still like to expand my vikings a bit, I dont have many.

Wizard is nice, might change him a bit though to have long sleeves.

That lion knight is definatly the most beautifull figure of the batch though! I'll work him into my lion faction as a vassal or such most likely.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 13:06:14 »
I like the lion knight, the viking, the wizard and the pirate.

Ah, yes! I nearly forgot about the wizard. I'm glad that that staff is back out is a nice colour.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 10:50:34 »
Do you have pictures of them all? I'd love to see more detailed pictures.  :)