Author Topic: Series 3 figures  (Read 21519 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Series 3 figures
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:28:09 »
As promised in the other thread. Here they are. Sorry for the poor quality but that's all I can manage with this light.

Ladies first.
Ladies are a lot more interesting than the guys, like it happened in the previous series IMO.

First lady has a lot of details and A LOT of gems to stick to. You actually have to make a necklace with them. It is really cute.

The rider is cute too. I like the color combo and the bucket in green I think is the first time that appears.

Pregnant lady is awesome. She has a sticker for the cover of the book that makes it more interesting. Only thing I don’t like is the hair which is very red, same red as the shoes. Crazy!

Surfer girl has nothing interesting to me. The legs are printed to make the neoprene suit but that’s all that’s new. The skin color is darker than the regular one.

Lady in black has a really great new hair piece. Love it. I just wonder what the heck the orange stick it!

And the green clicky lady is horrible. Sorry! There nothing interesting or cute about it.

Skater girl has a kind of pearly/metallic torso which is very nice. The surprise was that she is wearing blue eye shadow under the eyebrows. Weird but cute!

The bride is IMO the best of the group. Very detailed dress. The long gloves are awesome, and the veil and the thingy in the hair are very nice too. The pearls necklace is a hit!!!

Statue of Liberty is cute but I don’t see the body parts very useful, except of course to make another statue.

Hindu lady is very beautiful. Her dress, under the cloth is really nice. The red stone in the crown (finally a new crown) is a great touch. The skin color is darker than standart.

Spanish lady is GORGEOUS!!! The skirt and shoes are great and very handy for some customs!

Pastry chef girl is really cute. Nothing new but a very good put-together of parts and colors.

Boys next in a few minutes.  :)

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Series 3 figures
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:34:58 »
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: I love every last one of them, even the ones you don't like! I'm not crazy about gaga, but the collar and cuffs look quite useful to me. The pregnant lady is great, sorry she has such a weird hair color. I know the color you mean, the zookeeper that comes with the koala set, I think, has that same hair. Really weird! But I use it on teenagers. :P

Thanks for the review, can't wait to get all of them! :love:

And can't wait to see the boys now. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 01:45:01 »

The boys group is kinda boring, though there are some interesting items.

The pirate is cute and I love that his bald head is tattooed!! 

Skater, champion, singer, ninja and astronaut are not great. Same old same old. The singer has two faces, the other one is WORST that the one in series 2 skater. HIDEOUS!

The English guard is very nice though a little disappointing. I really can’t say why, but I expected something else. The belt has a holder at the back, but  there’s  nothing to put there (or maybe it’s missing from my envelope)

The warrior is interesting. The silver parts and not chromed but they are very silvery-shiny! Weird that it comes with gemstones to put on the shield.

The dwarf is great though a little weird. They just made the legs shorter which makes him end up with weird proportions. The overall result is really good though.

The transparent robot is AWESOME, maybe the best of this group. Just wish the hands and head were clear too. The cables and stuff… I have no idea how they go and nothing to show you. Nevertheless FANTASTIC!

Pumpkin guy is fabulous too!!! I love him. The colors are great and the details in the printing is very good. He has also two faces though the classic eyes and smile in this one look bad. Better with the scary one!

The drummer is ok. Nothing new. Just a good combo.

All in all Im very happy with this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:54:58 »
The warrior is interesting. The silver parts and not chromed but they are very silvery-shiny! Weird that it comes with gemstones to put on the shield.

So is it shiny, not-so-shiny, or shiny shiny? :giggle:

THanks for the review!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:57:08 »

The English guard is very nice though a little disappointing. I really can’t say why, but I expected something else. The belt has a holder at the back, but  there’s  nothing to put there (or maybe it’s missing from my envelope)

the bayonet goes in the holder when not used. In real life the some older guns cant shoot with the bayonet in.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:04:23 »
can not wait till these hit the shelfs here.

Thanks for the pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:12:57 »
Thanks for the pics Gaston.  These look great.  Probably be awhile before these show up at my TRU since they just put out series two like a month ago.  I really like the ladies half better.  I plan on getting a few of the Bieber look-a-likes just for the mic stand.  I need three or four for my band. 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:14:30 »
I need the Beibers for their hair!

My TRU still isn't carrying series 2. ??? They have a bunch of series 1 stuff left. :-\

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:14:56 »
Thanks for the review! They look really awesome; I can't wait to get some! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:23:07 »

My TRU still isn't carrying series 2. ??? They have a bunch of series 1 stuff left. :-\
I practically had to clear out series one single handely.  Then the spot where they were was empty for awhile, so one day I called and asked them very specifically if they had series two and they said "oh yeah we've got tons."  So I jumped in the car headed down there ready to grope some packages.  I get there and there's NONE, just empty pegs.  So I asked about 5 different people what the $@#% was going on and finally some "manager" guy says no they haven't got those yet (perceptive).  I was really steamed so I dropped my basket on the ground in front of him and walked out.  ::) A week later, they had series 2.  So BB just head down there and throw a fit and see what happens.  ;)