Author Topic: 4240 Egyptian Pyramid  (Read 17762 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
Re: 4240 Egyptian Pyramid
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 16:59:34 »
And I bet in a few years this will be a very sought-after set if it's never reissued.

Yes, it certainly will be.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 17:24:42 »
Thank you, Panos, for a top rate review.  Not my theme, but I can see the attraction of it very well indeed.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 21:59:46 »
thanks Panos. This set is so interesting - it's in my wishlist and i need to get other long discontinued sets before I buy this one, but definately some time this year! ...you're making me want to buy it earlier ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 23:04:35 »
Wonderful review Wolf Knight  :clap: Do you own all of the Egyptian theme? We were so tempted to buy it all up when we could, but there is still so much we need in our other themes that we decided not to  :'(
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 23:13:36 »
great review Panos!!! I want it, I want it, I want it!!!1  :love: :love:

You won't regret it Gaston  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 23:15:21 »
Thank you, Panos, for a top rate review.  Not my theme, but I can see the attraction of it very well indeed.

Many thanks for your feedback Gordon!! Glad you enjoyed the review!!!

thanks Panos. This set is so interesting - it's in my wishlist and i need to get other long discontinued sets before I buy this one, but definately some time this year! ...you're making me want to buy it earlier ;D

I am struggling with such priorities too Luis... But if a set is about to be discontinued, I go for it immidiately and set aside one that is already discontinued for a long time... ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 23:19:12 »
Wonderful review Wolf Knight  :clap: Do you own all of the Egyptian theme? We were so tempted to buy it all up when we could, but there is still so much we need in our other themes that we decided not to  :'(

Yeap!! The whole theme... I actually have four pyramids, two sphinx sets, two chariots, one tomb, four or five sets of soldiers, and one ship only...

Egyptian archaelogy/history is an un-catchable dream for mine... so I took it out on playmobil  ;D

Glad you enjoyed the review Jenna/Aaron!!!

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 23:21:45 »
Great review. I knew little of this set. Enjoyed very much reading this.

There are a few remarks I feel I must make.

Firstly the scimitar is not a scimitar, but a khopesh-sword. It's a sickle sword from the bronze age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh

The priest is not the high priests of the pharao. The priest has a jackals mask. That would make him a priest of Anubis, the god of the dead. His priest were involved in embalming and burials. That's why that priest is quite appropriate with this pyramid.

Lastly a question: what is in the sarcophagus????????
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 23:26:44 »
Great review. I knew little of this set. Enjoyed very much reading this.

There are a few remarks I feel I must make.

Firstly the scimitar is not a scimitar, but a khopesh-sword. It's a sickle sword from the bronze age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh

The priest is not the high priests of the pharao. The priest has a jackals mask. That would make him a priest of Anubis, the god of the dead. His priest were involved in embalming and burials. That's why that priest is quite appropriate with this pyramid.

Lastly a question: what is in the sarcophagus????????

Thanks for the clarifications Ali Baba  :)9 !!! Glad you enjoyed the review!!

The sarcophagus can contain a playmobil mummy, the regular playmobil type of mummy we all know. The mummy only fits the upper part of the sarcophagus and the bottom part is quite empty so that various treasures can be stashed in there... ;)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 00:46:25 »
But if a set is about to be discontinued, I go for it immidiately and set aside one that is already discontinued for a long time... ;)

i know try to do it the other way around, b/c if i did what you do i would keep setting aside the oldest ones and i'd let them get more and more expensive everytime ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: