Author Topic: the 17 least appropiate PM sets for children  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: the 17 least appropiate PM sets for children
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 08:19:07 »
That's pretty much how it should be yes.  :)
And it certainly applies to more than just playmobil.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 22:53:18 »
Do tasers exist in Playmoland?

::)

They do in Playmobil City ;)!

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 22:57:03 »
 :o :o :o :o :o that's great! I haven't seen it before. Did you made them Bill?  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 23:28:49 »
Yeah, he did. You can see them in this thread:http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3556.0
Sorry, I'm answering a question intended for you, Bill. :-[
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 23:55:46 »
Love that custom taser!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 04:09:18 »
Thank you, everyone! Those were the days :lol:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 15:38:16 »
AWESOME Bill!

:love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 10:10:22 »
I started by looking at the original '17 most inappropriate PM sets..' and was surprised at what the authors considered unsuitable for children, until I realised it was tongue-in cheek (to say the least). I guess every parent/adult responsible for children has to make their own judgement about what to allow/encourage their children to play with. As a child (back in the 60's) I was never allowed any form of toy gun, but my brothers and I did play 'cowboys and indians' with Britain's plastic models. However, I did develop strong pacifist tendencies from my parents' attitudes. We all influence our children in different ways, sometimes unwittingly, sometimes what we do verges on indoctrination. The PM zoo we gave our children for Christmas had no Polar Bears in it, a conscious choice (real Polar Bears are said to go mad in captivity).
Actually, I think some PM items are merely confusing for our children (in the UK)- the post-boxes, phone boxes, armed police, etc. in no way reflect their day-to-day experience. But then I think putting humans with dinosaurs is daft!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:21 »
well it is important to show responsibility for what toys you give your children yes, or give a good explanation when they come with questions.
I dont have kids myself, just two nephews of 8 and 10.

The youngest received a redcoat soldier with cannon from me for christmas, and he didnt know what the thing on the gun was for so I explained him that it was a bajonet and used instead of a sword after the soldier shoots. I made sure to not talk about it being used for killing or death, but just to fight.

Usually I also talk to them about soldiers being defeated or such, not about being killed.

And for my diorama's and stories I plan to keep everything suitable for children to read. Sometimes a clicky might die in my stories but it would be rare.
Thats just a personal preference though since I am writing other stories with plenty of war and violence. With Playmobil I try to explore a more light hearted way of telling stories, and the friendly clickies really serve as an inspiration for that.