Author Topic: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?  (Read 35917 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?
« on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:17 »

Registration for this event is now closed and the final list of partners has been drawn up. :)

The idea is that each member who wants to participate creates a custom figure as a secret gift for another member. 8-)

On other forums which hold these types of events, the people involved are sometimes given the names of their intended recipients, but I tend to favour a more random approach as it seems more fun - and also fairer - not knowing exactly who will receive your figure. I am willing to act as a central receiving point (I'm based in the UK) and to redistribute the gifts. :)

Edit: The above idea has been altered slightly since first conception, since a number of members voiced a preference for knowing exactly who would be receiving their custom figure. All participants will now be given the postal addresses of their selected recipients (privately) and will be able to post their gifts directly to that person.

The figures can be as simple or elaborate as you wish - it can be a classic custom created only by swapping of original Playmobil parts, or you can make it more unique with some paint or self-made parts. No fancy boxes or gift-wrapping will be needed, but you can of course include a small card with your klicky. :yup:

I know that Christmas is traditionally the time to hold such a gift swap, but this holiday period is a very busy time of year for most of us due to family commitments. It's also more difficult to predict postal delivery times in December, and there's more chance that small items can get lost due to the increase in packages being mailed at that time of year. :-\

Ideally, I would like to hold this event in November as a celebration of PlaymoFriends entering its third year on the web! :confetti:  <:D   :bdaycake:  :**:  :woohoo: 

Some of the members here have already expressed an interest in this idea by PM to me. :)

Please post to this topic if you are enthusiastic about joining in PlaymoFriends Birthday Klicky-Swap. :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:28:11 by Sylvia »

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 13:32:11 »
I'd be happy to join in, but if you dont know who your sending to, how do you know what you should make?

TT
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 14:59:32 »
Sounds like fun, Sylvia ... but er ... if you're going to do all the distributing; will it not be incredible expensive from your side ???

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 16:08:48 »
Count me in, sounds like fun (and cheap for me since I live in the UK)

It'd be easier to create something appropriate if we know who the recipient will be - they needn't know who made the custom klicky (though you will).

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 20:11:32 »
Im In!!

Good idea Martin!!

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:53:04 »
am in  ;)

good initative dear

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 03:44:42 »
You can count on me too.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 14:55:29 »
I'm in

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 19:54:37 »
I'd be happy to join in, but if you dont know who your sending to, how do you know what you should make?

You should just make whatever you feel like making. I'm sure whoever receives your klicky will appreciate it regardless of the theme or style it belongs to. :)

... if you're going to do all the distributing; will it not be incredible expensive from your side ???

If necessary, I could use some of the PF membership money to defray the postage costs - it would really depend on how many members decided to take part. (This is one of the reasons why the subscription system was set up in the first place - to aid in funding projects which benefit our community.)

It'd be easier to create something appropriate if we know who the recipient will be - they needn't know who made the custom klicky (though you will).

I understand where you're coming from, and to a certain extent, I agree. Last time we held an event like this, it was left up to the organisers to randomly select the recipients and also to distribute the gifts. No-one knew who was going to get their customised figure until it was revealed at the end. This added an extra element of surprise to the whole event.

But if everyone is in agreement that they would prefer to know the identity of the person they are making their custom for, then of course we can do it that way. :yup:

That method, however, does remove the necessity of having a central receiving and re-distribution point. It would make more sense in that instance for each member to send their item directly to the recipient since they will already know who that person is. ;)

I can collect the postal addresses of all members taking part and relay them via PM to the people who need them. :)

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 20:27:18 »
And perhaps every person can mention his main interests with his adress?  :)
Do we then need to put something with season greetings in it like with christmas, or does it stand off side the holiday season? Lastly, perhaps +/-a month notification to who you are sending too or when to ship your custom, etc.

this should be fun  ;D

TT
Si pacem vis, para bellum.