Author Topic: question about 5302 new dollhouse  (Read 7625 times)

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: question about 5302 new dollhouse
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 01:13:43 »

which?   :hmm: :hmm:

wanna know as well... ???

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 01:54:03 »
Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg (know as "Benelux"-countries), and maybe Denmark as well.  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 04:55:14 »
Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg (know as "Benelux"-countries), and maybe Denmark as well.  ;)

i wonder why these? playmobil sells more products in these countries?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:53:55 »
It was in the Netherlands that playmobil was sold for the first time. Playmobil Notheren Europe is based in Belgium. In Belgium Playmobil is as common as Coca-cola or Mcdonalds. I don't think I know a single person who didn't have playmobil as a child. Whenever people see my collection they get all nostalgic.

I'm also interest in infos about this house! Can you use those windows in other wall pieces? Does the roof fit on other system X buildings?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 14:15:23 »
It used to be a production cost thing. Geobra only wanted to pay for one mold. They would use the mold and fill the warehouse, stores and initial purchases of the first market, then they would a year later release the sets to the export market. The factory was unable to keep up with the demands of both markets with only one set of molds so they divided it up. The old molds & machines to use them were very expensive.

I too look forward to customs of this unusually shaped house.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 14:44:01 »
It used to be a production cost thing. Geobra only wanted to pay for one mold. They would use the mold and fill the warehouse, stores and initial purchases of the first market, then they would a year later release the sets to the export market. The factory was unable to keep up with the demands of both markets with only one set of molds so they divided it up. The old molds & machines to use them were very expensive.

I too look forward to customs of this unusually shaped house.
This sounds like a great way to limit sales....too bad they did not want to meet world demand for their products because non-European sales could easily outpace those within Europe.

It would be great if they made more sets designed for other parts of the world such as China and India. Lego hit a home run with their Prince of Persia theme and does a lot of Asian sets. I saw PM's Asian zoo, which appears to be a good start. I tried ordering the red arches, but they are out. Would be nice to build a garden with them.

It is such a great product that the owners should not limit it to a small part of the world.   Cheers, ;)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 15:05:25 »
can two 5302 dollhouses get connected ?

Yes, in principle you can BUT you will need some additional parts (e.g. at least 2x Wall Connector 30/165) and you have to find a solution for the roof. There is no straight roof panel other than that one with the door, so you have to build two door-panels to each other (I guess this will look a little strange) and too, this means you will need an additional of such roof-panel (a total of three then). To be fair I have to say, I do not have such a house yet, but I have had this question too. And because I feel very familiar with Sys-X (guess why!), so a look in the building construction published by Geobra (or in English: here) has done the work!

That was exactly the reason why I have not bought such a house (Yes I can, because I live in Germany).

EDIT: Oh sorry I have to correct my words: As I looked the construction sheet once again I remember, that the roof problem was more critical than mentioned, cos there is NO straight roof panel (the one with the door is a corner-panel too)! So it seems very hard to connect two houses easily, well there are some possibilities but for all of them you will need more than two houses!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 15:22:03 by Sir Pleamo »

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 21:28:56 »
Yes, in principle you can BUT you will need some additional parts (e.g. at least 2x Wall Connector 30/165) and you have to find a solution for the roof. There is no straight roof panel other than that one with the door, so you have to build two door-panels to each other (I guess this will look a little strange) and too, this means you will need an additional of such roof-panel (a total of three then). To be fair I have to say, I do not have such a house yet, but I have had this question too. And because I feel very familiar with Sys-X (guess why!), so a look in the building construction published by Geobra (or in English: here) has done the work!

That was exactly the reason why I have not bought such a house (Yes I can, because I live in Germany).

EDIT: Oh sorry I have to correct my words: As I looked the construction sheet once again I remember, that the roof problem was more critical than mentioned, cos there is NO straight roof panel (the one with the door is a corner-panel too)! So it seems very hard to connect two houses easily, well there are some possibilities but for all of them you will need more than two houses!

:( :( :( :( :( :( thanks sir pleam
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 23:25:11 »
Not too encouraging from the sounds of it! :(
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 04:13:56 »
Not too encouraging from the sounds of it! :(

it's a nice house isn't it? if you compare it with the others  8-) 8-)
The spirits rule !!!!