Author Topic: PF Username Origins  (Read 17596 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: PF Username Origins
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 08:24:47 »
Thanks for sharing, Gus.  I didn't know your avatar had a name!   :)
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:04:42 »
This is an interesting topic, KM.

I hadn't made the link in your name between Mobilius and the "mobil" of Playmobil!

My username is quite simple, the Playmo of Playmobil and "fire" added to it, for obvious reasons.  Unfortunately, on the two German boards I'm on, klickywelt.de and customize-it, when I first tried to register playmofire didn't seem to be available and so I am playmofireuk there and playmofire is someone else!

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 20:11:53 »
I use Walts-Trains, because when I take my Playmobil layouts to exhibitions I am known as Walts Playmobil Collection, or Walts Playmobil Trains.
Walter Turner

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 23:19:20 »

Hello, KM ...

This is  a great idea!

BTW ... Did you ever tell us your real name? ... ;)

As you correctly surmised, my name is really Richard. Actually, Richard Silvano.

Richard is supposed to be the name of a strong king and Silvano is from Silvanus, or "of the forest". So, I suppose I am the "king of the forest" ...  :lol:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 00:11:53 »
Hello, KM ...
This is  a great idea!
BTW ... Did you ever tell us your real name? ... ;)
As you correctly surmised, my name is really Richard. Actually, Richard Silvano.
Richard is supposed to be the name of a strong king and Silvano is from Silvanus, or "of the forest". So, I suppose I am the "king of the forest" ...  :lol:

From the Wizard of OZ  ;)?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 00:54:46 »
Hello KM :wave:

I too think it was a great idea and it helps create a personality to all our ramblings. This is a unique setting in we get to know each other but rarely actually meet one another. I only belong to this one collectors forum and do not have a lot of experience in these forums.

As far as my Avatar or name are concerned I am of Russian decent. Grandparents fled when communism was taking hold. We are what would be called the White Russians. All our family is educated and in proper white collar America but I would be what is called the "Black Sheep". I am confrontational,  honest, hard working, hate authority and love to challenge others. I was born and raised Orthodox and have always admired others with similar traits. So I just see it fitting and quite appropriate to use him as my avatar. It also helps that I am a certified nut case  8}   :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:45 »

From the Wizard of OZ  ;) ?

You are a very clever fellow, Bill ...  :yup:

In my final year of undergraduate school, I played the Cowardly Lion in our "College Road Show of the Wizard of Oz" for underprivileged children in South Florida.

I guess I was "type cast" ...  :lol:

All the best,
Richard

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 02:15:17 »
I've been busy making cards for a craft fair for a few days so haven't had time to read this thread before, but I agree that it seems to be a good idea to get to know others.  :yup:
I chose Skypurr as my name because when I joined Playmoboard I hadn't been a member of a forum before and wasn't sure if I should use my own name or make one up.  I couldn't think of anything at the time and as our cats Skypurr and Cynda were sitting with me I chose one of their names.  When I joined Playmofriends I decided to keep the same name so that anyone from the other forum would recognise me.
Skypurr (my son's spelling for skipper) is a friendly cat who likes to eat and sleep a lot but is loving in return - a bit like me!  ;D 
My real name is Elaine which I think is of Greek origin and means shining light so I suppose that if a skipper is a leader and a light leads the way then  maybe it was a good choice after all!  :lol:
However please just call me Elaine.  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:32:10 by skypurr »
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 04:27:11 »
Prior to becoming involved with Playmobil I had been playing with Warhammer, I loved their medieval figures and Elves and Dwarves and have 1,000's upon 1,000's of their figures. One day my wife picked up a copy of their magazine 'White Dwarf" and saw some illustrations of Bloodletters of Khorne or Soulstealing Demons of Tzeenetch or some such thing and decided that I would stop being involved with such things. My wife actually bought me my first Playmobil, a fact I bring up when confronted with my purchases and which she questions! Once I saw all the little bits that could be swapped out and the various themes I was done for and they are also much cheaper than Warhammer (but sooo big)!

Playmofriends was the first forum I had ever belonged to and I sought a name whose connotation was as far from Warhammer as possible, an old pottering toymaker came to mind and I have grown rather fond of it. I am still working on a Playmobil version of my avatar but am not there quite yet.

Gepetto (my name is Steve)

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 06:34:36 »
reylocann..... ann colyer...first and middle names......not very ingenious but fun all the same...my other name "giwedorann" is ann rodewig

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato