Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 9362 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 14:54:50 »

I have even gone so far as ordering Roman add ons from Direct Service.   :P  I even go out of my way to various Target stores in search of Target exclusives.  This has gotten bad.   :lol:

I am looking forward to the Egyptian series.

Never give up! ;D
Do get the chances you have, because maybe Romans will be discontinued, next year :'(

(Unfortunately we have to .. er, handle with this.)

But the playmo world is vast, and there's eBay, after all, so, Romans will be around for a long time still, and Egyptians are coming all right ... And lets dream for Astecs, and for an acient Chinese collection! :yup: haha!

Anyway, WELCOME, "Titus" Klickus Mobilius! Pauperes sed gratii morituri -- playmobilis gratia -- te salutant! (Those who will die poor but happy -- because of playmobil -- salute you!) ::)

I hope you enjoy our company. Playmofriends is the best place I know in the internet! It's certainly where I most feel at home, as a community.

I was warmly welcomed here, and I hope you will feel the same!

Let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I am 49 years old and live in Sacramento, California, USA.  I live in an apartment which really does not have a whole lot of space for this new obsession.  I may have to rotate my Playmobil scenes.

Anyway, hello everyone!   :wave:

Thanks for speaking of yourself! I'm Gustavo, from Brasil :wave: See you around!

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 16:21:24 »
That is why it is good to have a system! I only buy what they have in stock, when they run out I stop!  :eh?: :eh?:

Perhaps I should clarify myself, I stop buying there and go somewhere else that still has stock! :yup: :yup:

Gepetto

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 07:37:15 »
That means you'll sooner or later succomb to a worse addiction: Ebay !!!  >:D

Bogro

I hadn't even considered eBay!  Now you've put a dangerous idea into my head.  I fear I am done for.   Woe is me!  :help:

I've never used eBay before.  Is it safe?  Are the sellers trustworthy?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 08:30:30 »

To be really honest: it isn't safe as not all sellers are trustworthy. It's really a case of "buyer beware".
But sometimes it's the best way to get certain items. But perhaps you should ask in the right forum who isn't and isn't trustworthy on Ebay ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 09:09:00 »
I've bought and sold on eBay for some time with no major problems.  The only one I can remember was a Playmobil racing car which was incomplete and not described as such.  I politely raised it with the seller and he was very keen to make amends and refunded part of the price.  As the racing car was only part of the lot and the stuff I really wanted was the other part, I was quite happy.  I usually only buy from sellers who will accept payment through PayPal as that's safer, and I always have a look at the seller's feedback, both as a seller and a buyer if they do both on eBay.  But in the end it comes down to what Bogro says, let the buyer beware.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 12:57:27 »
I doubt you'll find much Roman Playmobil being sold secondhand on eBay yet, it's so recent in the UK that the kids shouldn't have grown out of it yet. You will probably find plenty of new stuff, but not usually at prices that better ordering it direct from Playmobil.

One eBay seller I highly recommend - Play 1-2-3 is based in Malta, and she lists figure groupings that are as cheap or cheaper than buying the sets.  Very useful for building up larger army units - almost all my archers came from Play 1-2-3 as Playmobil don't sell these guys as accessories.

The best bricks-and-morter shop I've found for prices is John Lewis, though I regularly check TK Maxx for possible bargains. Nothing Roman yet that I recall, but they have had a few good Knights sets that I couldn't have got cheaper elsewhere.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 14:05:24 »
I hadn't even considered eBay!  Now you've put a dangerous idea into my head.  I fear I am done for.   Woe is me!  :help:

OH NO!.... Another lost soul to the addiction of eBay  ;D! It's hopeless  :0! When you type in Playmobil on to the search section, & thousands of items appear before you,.......you'll end up having to forward your mail to your new home,......eBay  :lol:, where you find yourself sitting for hours, even days, staring at your computer screen at all of the treasures with new ones being added constantly  :yippee:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 05:02:32 »
One eBay seller I highly recommend - Play 1-2-3 is based in Malta, and she lists figure groupings that are as cheap or cheaper than buying the sets.  Very useful for building up larger army units - almost all my archers came from Play 1-2-3 as Playmobil don't sell these guys as accessories.

After Martin recommended this seller I looked up her site and bought a Maltese Grand Master and Queen (?) figure, I had always wanted one but had never bought internationally before, her prices were good and I was very pleased in my dealings with her, I am sure I will buy from her again. :2c:

Gepetto

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 09:09:08 »
Hi Klickus!

When it gets to Ebay, I guess the real danger is...yourself  >:D

It's such a vast world of offers and dreams, painted with thousand of different photos, that you must fight yourself from the start to avoid wanting to have it all  :D and believe me, that's the REAL Rubicon!!!

But if you define some rules for yourself is safe  ;) ah, and about the sellers, as long as you are cautious and are able to define for yourself some requirements, like buying things from total positive feedback sellers, with more than "x" feedback, having the refund possibility, and as long as you are polite and maintain things calm and polite even if you feel you are not happy with the transaction, everything will be fine  ;)

Anyway...if you submit yourself to the stores enchanted voice, beware of Ebay....  8-)

And any help you need, I guess that there's always someone who can give you tips about Ebay :)

A sunny greeting from Portugal, where Roman vestiges are still strong  :wave:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 15:52:16 »
Hi Klickus!

When it gets to Ebay, I guess the real danger is...yourself  >:D

It's such a vast world of offers and dreams, painted with thousand of different photos, that you must fight yourself from the start to avoid wanting to have it all  :D and believe me, that's the REAL Rubicon!!!

But if you define some rules for yourself is safe  ;) ah, and about the sellers, as long as you are cautious and are able to define for yourself some requirements, like buying things from total positive feedback sellers, with more than "x" feedback, having the refund possibility, and as long as you are polite and maintain things calm and polite even if you feel you are not happy with the transaction, everything will be fine  ;)

Anyway...if you submit yourself to the stores enchanted voice, beware of Ebay....  8-)

Very well put Miguel!

Gepetto