Author Topic: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!  (Read 6922 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Olá from Lisboa, Portugal!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 12:26:43 »
Welcome Miguel!

I don't know how I missed your arrival.

There are some great castles in Portugal, I recall visiting two when I stayed in Albufeira a few years ago, one I think was in or near Portimao, and Paderne Castle,  within walking distance of Albufeira, at least if you don't mind a very dusty hot and sticky walk.

I'm in the process of considering a bit of downsizing, but wondering if the 10% I could bear to get rid of is worth the effort.

The great thing is that with a little care about packing and storage, there's no real harm that can come to Playmobil stored away for years.

cheers,  Martin

Offline wonderland5

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 03:43:40 »
Hello and welcome!  Thanks for joining us!

Betsy

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 06:03:54 »
I don't know how I missed your arrival.

aaah but I have used one of my tricks, of course!  :lol:

Much probably the castle that you have visited near Portimão, was Silves one. A red castle, with a theathre medieval space, which is not that common here.

I consider you lucky by having visited the Paderne castle, since it's not that known, and although is not that well kept, it's still an important piece of history, which is not very well supported in that region.

It's a pitty that you couldn't have visited the castles in the north of Portugal...such beautiful things, always with a mystic atmosphere inside them, in the land around them, and specially in the views you have from the castle.

And like you said: Playmobil stored away for years doesn't do any harm, and.......you always get the surprise about things you have already forgotten, and didn't know you have them  :D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 15:43:00 »

Olá, Miguel ...  :wave:

And, a BIG welcome from Fort Lauderdale!

I'm usually in the United States Virgin Islands, but today I'm in warm and beautiful south Florida.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 19:35:30 »
Hello Miguel , I think you will like it here with the diverse collectors we have here . Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your input.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 06:05:15 »
Olá, Miguel ...  :wave:

And, a BIG welcome from Fort Lauderdale!

I'm usually in the United States Virgin Islands, but today I'm in warm and beautiful south Florida.

All the best,
Richard

Hello Obi-Wan eerrr, I mean, Richard!  :lol: thanks for your welcome! Hope that you have made a safe trip with no 3rd degree playmobil pirate encounter, in your way back home  ;)

Hello Miguel , I think you will like it here with the diverse collectors we have here . Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your input.

Thanks for the welcome, Rasputin!  :)