Author Topic: Hello from Belgium!  (Read 4164 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: Hello from Belgium!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 19:30:10 »
That is some great stuff.

You may want to put this into the collectors corner
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 20:48:49 »
(I suppose we are way OT)

That yellow male Indian set (3352x) is interesting as several of the parts differ in colour from the picture on the box.

That's Starbuck! Ours (1984) has green necklace + thingies, and a lighter canoe (they are not white). Also, he didn't bring a bucket. MIA.

I don't recall the arms decoration color.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 18:42:10 »
... a lighter canoe (they are not white).

OK, white-ish. More like cream I suppose!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 03:34:13 »
"cream canoe" that sounds really nice for some reason. Like a nice dessert.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmobilfire136

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 20:26:04 »
welcome to the forum!
let the war on legos begin!

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 15:12:28 »
First, let me welcome you (late though this welcome is!) to the wonderful playmofriends forum.

Second, thanks for posting those pictures of vintage sets here, as well as sharing them through Axel Hennel's wonderful Collector book.

Its great to get large pictures, so we can study the details. It depends on what platform one is viewing the pictures, but I quite often have to scroll a post sideways to see the right hand portion of pictures. This isn't a big problem, though. I think any picture wider than 1000 pixels will require scrolling.

I was interested to see you had opened a couple of your MISB boxes. That yellow male Indian set (3352x) is interesting as several of the parts differ in colour from the picture on the box. Here is my picture of the set (made by copying the box picture, collecting parts from different sources, not opening a MISB box!). Incidentally, this picture is 500 pixels wide

Here is your picture of the same set (768 pixels wide)
In your set the canoe is light brown (not white), the cuffs and necklace are blue (not red and green), the headband is yellow (same as the box) and the feather is not visible (red on the box). In another set shown on klickywelt.de the canoe is light brown, the cuffs and necklace are green, the headband is red and the feather is white. The spear decorations are red and white in all three sources.

All of which goes to show how much the parts varied in colour in the early days and how hard it is to state with any certainty what a set contained!

If you ever find any more of your MISB boxes 'fall' open, it would be great to see pictures of the contents, even sealed in the plastic inner bag!

I was also puzzled why that Lyra set with two klickies in it stated on the box '1 klicky'. Is Greek counting somehow different?(I reduced the image width from 1280 pixels to 640 pixels in that quote)

Thanks for the reply, sorry it has been a while since I've been on the forum.  It is not difficult to open the 'MISB' because it is not like the blue boxes are sealed.  Sorry for the large pics, I will use smaller pix next time:)
Kinda weird yeah that the plastic has color variations, I owned the set with canoe when I was a kid, it was 'cream' colored, not brownish.  I don't remember which color the hair band had. But I guess there are variations, depending on the production in those days?

Haha, I had not noticed that the Greek set has the label 1 Klicky while there are 2 inside :-D

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 07:24:50 »
A very warm welcome to you BART from Marlow on Thames in the UK  :wave:

What a beautiful classic collection you have  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.