Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22604 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 15:31:02 »
Almost everyone so far has said ghost pirates!  :lol: i don't think that theme was a hit at all.

Well I am not thrilled about them but I do like them! I was given the whole theme as a present from the toys shop that finally closed down last month...Some items have good potentials...Perhaps I'll post a few pics of all of them...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 15:40:26 »
Well I am not thrilled about them but I do like them! I was given the whole theme as a present from the toys shop that finally closed down last month...Some items have good potentials...Perhaps I'll post a few pics of all of them...
yes please...a quick review would be great.
Now that the ghost pirate ship is available in buenos aires I wonder if I should buy it... so far I love the ghost monkey!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 16:05:27 »
Why do so many of you dislike the city life, police, & Fire Dept. themes? In my opinion, they are the most life like :)9!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 16:24:45 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 16:13:49 »
I don't know.... in my case I find more interesting the "historical sets" if you will. It is more appealing to me the representation of past eras than the actual one or the fantasy lands... that's all. I do like SOME sets from all themes though....  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 16:31:07 »
But why are so many of you so judgemental of themes you don't collect? The life like city, police, & fire dept. themes are getting better & better with details that are so realistic! Why are you not respectful of them? I don't collect the medieval theme but I respect them, & their details :hmm:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 16:38:12 »
i don't like a lot of sets from themes that i like through the years for ex. i don't like the current knight sets the current pirate sets etc.... but in genural i like these themes. themes that i hate are the new agents, the fairies ,the police ,fire ,ghost pirates ,modern city life in genural ,and the work theme

What themes do you actually collect? I never see any pictures of your collection, but you are quick to be very negative of the modern themes? Have you even touched the new modern series releases, or do you go by pictures alone to develop your opinion?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 16:46:45 »
Yes, this is great.... we always talk about the ones we DO like  ;D
Anyway...I don't HATE any theme..... I'm just not interested in some, such as:
Faries, riding stables, top agents, sports, leasure, ghost pirates, veterinarian and city life.... they are a few I know.... but what can you do?  :P
I do have some of the sets from these themes, it is just the theme in general is not appealing to me...  :love:

You are being very respectful, Gaston, thank you! As you say, I don't dislike any theme, but I do question colors, or choice of reasoning! I feel we need to be respectful to all themes, even though we may not collect them! We all have opinions & dislikes, & should state why we feel the way we do about them! Just to say we hate something is not productive, but to say what turns us off to a new theme introduction would be.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 16:52:06 »
An interesting topic, Luis.

There are themes which strongly attract me (i.e. fire and rescue), themes which attract me because they can be used in conjunction with fire and rescue (e.g farm, city life, trains and even the Victorian theme - I still regret not buying both, or even one, of two original Victorian mansions which were going for £60 instead of £120.  Now those would have been great for a multi-pump fire!), themes which I find attractive because of past interests (e.g. the knights theme but not some of the recent additions, although things do seem to be getting better again) and then there are the dragon knights, ghost pirates and top agents which I wouldn't give house room to as they are just not the quality of concept I expect of Playmobil and look, to me, cheap and tacky.

Hear, Hear! Well stated Gordon! A very educated opinion! I respect your comments!

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 17:01:50 »
For me the historical sets are much more interesting. The one theme I could really do without is the ghost pirates (even though I have bought some).

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 17:40:27 »
I like (and attracted) very much  :love: the historical/military themes of any kind.
I like seeing armies, castles, warships etc.   :captain:

From all these I prefer mostly the medieval period and 1)the old "Nurnberg stadtwache" soldiers, 2) the old black knights with the "half egg" helmet, which one of them I have in my avatar.   :knight:

:)9
  Fire and Axe