Author Topic: Everdreamerz  (Read 11240 times)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
Re: Everdreamerz
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 23:24:02 »
Unboxing below explains Everdreamerz series but also raises a dilemma for animal collectors.
First five magic pets in series 1 are shown: A crazy legs flamingo, a sweet tooth panda that eats chocolate, a blue suricate meerkat, a baby lilac llama and a cat dipped in ice cream.

The bad news: five series are planned, so there will be 25 new girly animals. Each box at $15, that means a total of $375 to get all pets. I do not need the manga-like figures, the boxes and the rest of accesories. I doubt these animals will be sold in DS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4K0pO1eRSU

Playdalai @ Amclicks already included photos of series 2 in this thread:

http://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/novedades-alemania-julio-septiembre-2020/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 15:45:33 by VicKlicktor »

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 00:51:04 »
I'm sure there'll be people wanting the figures but not the animals, or at least multiples thereof.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 09:28:02 »
I saw the pictures the Photographer Woody posted yesterday on Facebook and decided (much to my wallet’s dismay) that there are enough interesting parts  with them that I want them. I don’t know, they are kind of weird which is why I think that I like them.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 12:14:58 »
I'm sure there'll be people wanting the figures but not the animals, or at least multiples thereof.

At £15 each, these sets aren't cheap. Even if there was a 50:50 share of the cost, I'm not sure I'd want to spend £7.50 on a klicky, or the same on an animal. The rest of each set looks like junk to me (charm, sticker, card, bracelet, bead, accessories). My daughters are way beyond this sort of stuff, so I can't persuade them to buy it and leave it to me when they grow out of it.....  :(
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 16:36:08 »

Here we have animals in series 1

On the other hand, surprise boxes are very expensive too, $6 each. For those of you that want all 60 figures that will appear in five series, total will be $360, assuming you will not get any duplicate.
Also, there will be a limited figure in each series which makes it more difficult to get

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 17:34:07 »
Yes, I am ... well.. decisions will be needed, cause these are FAR too expensive.

And NOT that interesting, IF you REALLY think about it, I think.

That said, we want all the animals..  We fell in love with the pink rat :love:

And I would love to get all the stickers too (I'm a sucker for that sort of thing :-[ )

I will need to nag someone to get me the sticker books - german or english would no (no illusions of both, I guess :(  )

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 19:47:06 »
Not just the colors and imagery, the whole marketting strategy of this theme seems like a radical departure from Playmobil's usual style.  :2c:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 09:18:44 »
At £15 each, these sets aren't cheap.
The rest of each set looks like junk to me (charm, sticker, card, bracelet, bead, accessories).

these are FAR too expensive.

Quo vadis, Playmobil?  ::)

Each of the 6 regular sets costs 16 euro in Belgium.  8}
For that you get 1 "flashy" klicky that comes with a bunch of mostly small crap.
And 6 euro for 1 of these series Surprise figures?!

COMPLETELY INSAIN.

Btw, over the weekend I noticed the new Playmo-Friends figures will cost 4 euro each.
It was 3,50 euro for such a klicky last year. And 2,50 euro about 3 years ago.
Officially yearly inflation is below 3% in Belgium since many years, and probably in most of the rest of the EU-zone as well  ::)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:29:45 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2020, 14:39:07 »
I think the marketing is trying to emulate LOL dolls and similar. A stroll round any chain toy store (e.g. The Entertainer, Smith's, to name two British chains which have tried to fill a void left by Toys R Us) will show that there are many, many toys like this, designed to encourage children to collect the whole set and accessories, at enormous total cost. Geobra seem to be dabbling in this, perhaps to see if it works for PM. The pricing is probably in line with similar products from other manufacturers, but it seems extortionate for PM.

The rise in price for Playmo-friends is alarming and hard to justify, I agree with you Hadoque! George Brandstaetter will soon find the output of Geobra unrecognisable, if he weren't dead.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 15:39:28 »
I think the marketing is trying to emulate LOL dolls and similar. A stroll round any chain toy store (e.g. The Entertainer, Smith's, to name two British chains which have tried to fill a void left by Toys R Us) will show that there are many, many toys like this, designed to encourage children to collect the whole set and accessories, at enormous total cost. Geobra seem to be dabbling in this, perhaps to see if it works for PM. The pricing is probably in line with similar products from other manufacturers, but it seems extortionate for PM.

The rise in price for Playmo-friends is alarming and hard to justify, I agree with you Hadoque! George Brandstaetter will soon find the output of Geobra unrecognisable, if he weren't dead.

Ah this explains it - they're copying another toy. That seems to be the main trend in PM these days: copying things that other companies are doing.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: