Author Topic: Everdreamerz  (Read 11312 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Everdreamerz
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 21:01:29 »
Ah this explains it - they're copying another toy. That seems to be the main trend in PM these days: copying things that other companies are doing.

But... WHY?! If people wanted the other, they'd freaking BUY the other.

I don't get it.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 01:56:17 »
Yeah, the pricing is way too high. Unfortunately I really like this candy theme so will probably end up getting them all. I may not like the future themes though and will be picky about it if those prices hold. They may find they have to lower the prices, and of course i will wait to get them on sale somewhere. It's sometimes possible to get he animal alone on eBay, even if it costs $8.00 for a flamingo it would still be half the price if that's the only part you wanted.
I really wan the bubble gum colored rat too, I assume it comes with one of the mystery boxes.

Went and looked at the box images of series 2 and not liking them at all the way I like the candy theme. Only thing that is interesting is that unicorn hat in the mystery sets - but I want it in white.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 02:44:11 »
The rise in price for Playmo-friends is alarming and hard to justify, I agree with you Hadoque!

I'm fairly sure that the price of playmobil hasn't risen woth inflation over the last 30 years. I'm pretty sure the single figure packs with £2 or £3 when I was a kid in the early 90s.

I've no interest in this range, but I feel like it'll show up heavily reduced on the second hand market if you have patience!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2020, 09:06:20 »
I really wan the bubble gum colored rat too, I assume it comes with one of the mystery boxes.

The pink rat, according to pics on THAT site, comes with the guy with a tophat and gold hair... They are hard to describe, all weirdos...

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2020, 15:55:36 »
Against my usual proclivities I think these are adorable and want them all! I see that the Belgium site has come forth with a few spare parts for them - but as is usual for spare-parts pages, it's the older parts, not the new, unique ones. That being said, I have dug up some names and numbers, without pictures, for parts that seem like they belong, so I'm going to make some guesses. Added a few plain-figure photos - thanks tahra! I also have numbers for a lot of stickers and a few of the collectors' cards (Sammelkarte) but no idea what they are stickers of, whether the main ones shown in the unboxing, or (e.g.) labels for containers. The hunt continues.

Everdreamerz Series 1 (2020/03)
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 18:48:02 »
Top Hat Guy is Mr Rides - all the mystery figures have names from the promo materials. I have them listed on my Figures pages at http://animobil.info/figures/text/5d0863aa-figures-1411.html

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 00:18:40 »
I'm fairly sure that the price of playmobil hasn't risen woth inflation over the last 30 years. I'm pretty sure the single figure packs with £2 or £3 when I was a kid in the early 90s.

I´m talking about the last 4-5 years.
With regard to the Playmo-Friends blister-klickies, from 2,50 euro a few years ago to 4,00 euro now is a price-increase of no less then 60%.
If a Playmo-Friend figure is f.e. a great looking soldier and you want 50 of them, then you now pay 200 euro instead of 125 euro a few years back. That´s a (too) big difference.

(Boxed single figures, like Specials, are indeed always somewhat more expensive then the ones that come in a blister. However, I´m pretty sure a boxed Special didn´t cost 2-3 euro overhere in the early 90s, that was the price some 10 years later)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 00:27:20 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 08:50:54 »
Against my usual proclivities I think these are adorable and want them all! I see that the Belgium site has come forth with a few spare parts for them - but as is usual for spare-parts pages, it's the older parts, not the new, unique ones. That being said, I have dug up some names and numbers, without pictures, for parts that seem like they belong, so I'm going to make some guesses. Added a few plain-figure photos - thanks tahra! I also have numbers for a lot of stickers and a few of the collectors' cards (Sammelkarte) but no idea what they are stickers of, whether the main ones shown in the unboxing, or (e.g.) labels for containers. The hunt continues.

Thanks sbblabotw :)

Top Hat Guy is Mr Rides - all the mystery figures have names from the promo materials. I have them listed on my Figures pages at http://animobil.info/figures/text/5d0863aa-figures-1411.html

Thanks Tiermann... And that's another change... cause kids these days need a drawering...  ::)   

If a Playmo-Friend figure is f.e. a great looking soldier and you want 50 of them, then you now pay 200 euro instead of 125 euro a few years back. That´s a (too) big difference.

You're right -a HUGE difference!   >:(

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 12:53:00 »

Got 'em, thanks Tim. And have linked back.

Woody at klickywelt.de has good pictures from the toy fair! https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=73748
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 13:34:37 by sbblabotw »
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 03:55:44 »
I´m talking about the last 4-5 years.
With regard to the Playmo-Friends blister-klickies, from 2,50 euro a few years ago to 4,00 euro now is a price-increase of no less then 60%.

(Boxed single figures, like Specials, are indeed always somewhat more expensive then the ones that come in a blister. However, I´m pretty sure a boxed Special didn´t cost 2-3 euro overhere in the early 90s, that was the price some 10 years later)

You can sort of pick and choose for those sorts of figures - like, 5300 sat at £100 for over a decade then went to £125. So it was a bit one-off leap but not over the long term.

My overall point is that Playmobil is cheaper, in real terms, than it ever has been. It'd be interesting to have some proper prices from the 1990s to compare, because obviously you only tend to remember random ones.