Author Topic: weird Western train for austrian marked, true or false???  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
weird Western train for austrian marked, true or false???
« on: February 20, 2012, 18:19:27 »
fooling around on the web, i came across this page, http://www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk/background.htm, in the page he stats that the set number is 4053 (?) obviusly wrong, 'cos thats the yellow engineers car, but when you copy the pics, you see an 4054AC, did this train actually exist??? why theres no more info anywhere???

i attach the photo, i don't know if i need permissions for that!
as you can see have the choice of two chimney, the western one and a straight one, also the cowchasser is gone...

can't attach the photo (internal error message), but scroll down the page to see the picture...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: weird Western train for austrian marked, true or false???
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 18:31:16 »
Hopefully Walt will clear up these questions when he sees them. Great layouts!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 23:30:54 »
fooling around on the web, i came across this page, http://www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk/background.htm, in the page he stats that the set number is 4053 (?) obviusly wrong, 'cos thats the yellow engineers car, but when you copy the pics, you see an 4054AC, did this train actually exist??? why theres no more info anywhere???

I think, it must be a custom (= FALSE).
And therefore there is no info anywhere.

1. There never was a special edition for Austria
2. The labels »Ampelwang« & »KBAYSTER« look self-made (not professional). The labels are both too small/too narrow (especially on the tender).
3. The labels are absurd. Playmobil never would print such labels with »Ampelwang« and »KBAYSTER«.
4. »Ampelwang«: There is a place/small village in Austria »Ampflwang« (»f« instead of »e«) between Linz and Salzburg. But it's not well-known...
5. »KBayster«: What is this? It could be a name like this: K. Bayster.
6. If there would be a loco like this, it would not have the number 4053. Why should it?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 23:40:03 by zugpferdchen »

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:05:51 »
I think, it must be a custom (= FALSE).
And therefore there is no info anywhere.

yeah, i expected to be false, the collector mentions it as if does exist, he uses a lot of information on the different version of the engines, and that was what really got me,
Well... no surprises...
Theres any really really hard to find train that is not just a diferent version of the current ones???

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:44:39 »
Amd,
Sorry the Western should have been 4054 not 4053.
well spotted I will alter my web site.
I know this is a Playmobil locomotive has I have seen one a few years ago that a friend of mine has, I am still looking for one myself.
Web site now updated.
If you spot any thing else wrong please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 13:04:55 by Walts-Trains »

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:42 »
for more information you can read the link below (especially Richard's answers)
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2312.10
 :wave:
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 22:21:24 »
for more information you can read the link below (especially Richard's answers)
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2312.10
 :wave:
Thank you for this informations/Richard's anwers.

I think, experts of the biggest market of playmobil AND no one of any german forum wrote one word about this loco AND no one has got one of this locos - it must be a ghost train like the shown prototypes e.g. the wheel damper.

»Ampflwang« together with »K.Bay.Sts.B.« on a Western train with the same number 4054? Sounds very strange for me...
1. Why does a bavarian loco has the name of a very small village in Austria?
2. Why does playmobil produce a Western loco type for a european loco (labels!)? They had better possibilities: 4051 or 4052.
3. If playmobil produces a new loco (variation) in a special edition, why does it have the same number? I think it's not possible.
4. If it would be a special edition with bumpers in front and a european smoke stack, it is not typical for playmobil to put the parts (cow catcher and american smoke stack) of another variation of the same loco in the box (not in 4035, not in 3958 and so on).
5. The lamp in front looks like the lamp of 4051.

Sorry, but I can't believe, that this loco should be a special edition of playmobil.
I still think, it is a custom!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 23:33:32 by zugpferdchen »

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 15:09:10 »
We made a small poll in the biggest german Playmobil forum and most of them did not see (and no one owns) this model.

Most of them (7:1) also think, that this must be a custom loco, NO special edition of Playmobil (for a german or austrian store).

@ Walter:
In which store did your friend buy the loco?
Can you see the loco to look at the labels and the making of the buffers in front?
I think one can see the difference: if it was made by Playmobil or tinkered by a customizer.
Could be interesting...
I think, Walter, you can make your own 4054-Ampflwang-K.Bay.Sts.B.-custom like this to have also one, if you like.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 15:22:14 by zugpferdchen »