Author Topic: Changes...  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Changes...
« on: July 12, 2007, 16:31:38 »
The upgrade has been completed successfully. :)

A couple of things you might or might not notice immediately...

There is no longer a javascript url button on the posting screen. This is because I modified the original forum files (with hituro's help) in order to create that button, and the code I used is not compatible with this version. I'm hoping to find a solution to this so the button can be restored, but until that time everyone will have to rely on the normal url button. Hopefully this will not pose too much of an inconvenience.

One big advantage from the upgrade is everyone now has the ability to modify their posts inline.
After you have posted your reply or new topic you will see this icon on the lower right-hand side of your post. If you click this button, it will re-open the post in editable mode on the same page instead of opening in a new tab or window!

Very long urls or large embedded images will now have a scroll bar underneath. This will prevent any pics or text from stretching beyond the visible screen area on lower resolution browsers.

Some of the coding has changed for pages which are accessed by the Guide and Links buttons in the top menu. If you saved the links for any of these pages in your favourites list before, they will no longer work, so you will need to create a new bookmark.

On the index page, you will see that 2 categories have been merged into one under a new heading "Creative" and there is a completely new category called "Kingdomality." No boards have been deleted but some might have slightly different titles to before. You'll also note that some categories and areas are now collapsible, which allows you to have a more compact page view. You can open and close them using the + and - buttons.

The bug which used to occur when searching the forum using numerals is completely fixed! This should make things much easier for everyone needing to search for topics which contain information on specific sets.

You also now have the ability to search your Personal Messages. This could be a big time-saver for those who like to keep their messages for a long time just in case they need to refer back to them. When you have new messages, they will now show as a numeral ("1" for 1 new message, "2" for 2 new messages, etc) on the MY MESSAGES button in the top menu.

The Coppermine Photo Gallery has also been upgraded to the most recent version. I have tried to configure it the same as before, but if you should have any problems using it, please let me know and I'll adjust the settings. I may need to update the FAQ for that feature because I think there have been some slight menu changes between the 2 different versions.

I hope that everyone will like the new forum design. I tried to keep it as similar as possible to before, but I also thought it would be refreshing to have some things in a different style. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Changes...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 17:23:00 »
The changes sound interesting, and it's good to see PF back.  Presumably everything went smoothly (or at least smoothlyish).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 18:24:26 »
Thank you for all the effort dear  :)  to keep this running

Love you in that purple Dress  Dunnot have the Current avatar available  :-[
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 20:20:52 »
Thanks for the flowers, Michael! :D

Yes, everything went well!  I haven't encountered any problems so far, but if you do spot anything amiss please let me know.

I think next time will be even easier because I know exactly what to expect now. :)

I also made a detailed list of template changes as I was working on them over the last few days. Much more sensible idea than trying to rely solely on my memory after 20 months! 8}

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 00:52:34 »
thank you sylvia, everything looks nice. :love:
    honni soit qui mal y pense