Author Topic: Disturbing art  (Read 1130 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Disturbing art
« on: November 07, 2010, 00:59:25 »
Look at this.... it is disturbing in many ways.... first the look of it..... it is kind of funny too.... but weird funny.
Secondly... it is published in argentine ebay... this person asks 200 dollars for it!!!!! Crazy!!!!!
It reminds me of the picture of Gladys that Phoebe had in the sitcom Friends!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
But what caught my attention was this little blue guy in the corner. WHat a horrible copy! I've seen argentine copies but none with legs like that.
Does anybody know something about it?
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Disturbing art
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:01 »
---quote---
But what caught my attention was this little blue guy in the corner. WHat a horrible copy! I've seen argentine copies but none with legs like that.
Does anybody know something about it?
---end quote---

It looks more like Playbig then like Playmobil IMO and even then probably a (bad) copy!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:38:34 »
Wow, that's really different. It's amazing what some people call art. This is like if Sid from Toy Story decided to become an artist.  :evilplan:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:37:33 »
Its war of the toys people!!! Poor Barbie had it coming for a long time now  :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, no, I don't find it funny...it makes our favouite toys look agressive and Barbie being the victim here... Maybe the creator wanted to send a message like that... what is his description say?

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:07:59 »
Its war of the toys people!!! Poor Barbie had it coming for a long time now  :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, no, I don't find it funny...it makes our favouite toys look agressive and Barbie being the victim here... Maybe the creator wanted to send a message like that... what is his description say?
Well I didn't think of it much. I just thought it was a horrible piece and it is funny to me there are people who can consider this an art form and ask 200 dolars for it.

I went back to the description and it doesn't say much, a little bit a bout the technic only. However I just found the title of the "art work". It is "Playmobils (in plural) out of control". So I guess you were right.... :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com