Author Topic: old curve sabers  (Read 14106 times)

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
old curve sabers
« on: May 08, 2008, 19:33:39 »
I want to know if somebody knows the number of the old, curve saber, and if there is any recent set where it is present (I ould like it not to be discontinued). Much nicer to me than the most recent straight saber with wide guard.

I´m afraid it was discontinued, it is found in recent Antex pirate sets, but chromed.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: old curve sabers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 19:41:21 »
I'm sure I bought some of those in the past two years and may have some spare.  I'll check.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 22:32:06 »
Thank you very much for answering, Playmofire  :wow:, if you have some and are interested in selling them I can deposit in the bank account you say me.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:36:27 »

Hello, Pyrrhus ...  :wave:

I want to know if somebody knows the number of the old, curve saber, and if there is any recent set where it is present (I would like it not to be discontinued). Much nicer to me than the most recent straight saber with wide guard.

The following part numbers are from Cap'n Henry and Tiermann who were kind enough to provide Heather with the information so that she could include it in her fantastic PlaymoDB !!!

All the best,
Richard

see attachments

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 10:26:58 »
I've had a check on my spares box, Pyrrhus, but I'm sorry to say that I no longer have any.  I used to have quite a quantity of pirate spares, including these sabres, but I've been getting rid of them in recent months.  Sorry to disappoint you  :( however, it's pretty certain that they are still available from DS.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pyrrhus

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Che Clickara
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 14:32:46 »
Thank you very much, Richard and Playmofire!!

No problem Playmofire, I thank you for the courtesy and preoccupation however.  :)
It seems like the sabers can be bought elsewhere... a little question... is it saber- or sabre? or does it vary geographically?

Richard, thank you very much, I suppose these different numbers may refer to the non-chromed, gold-chromed and silver-chromed varieties of the old curve sabre. :wow:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 14:45:59 »

Hello, Pyrrhus ...

Richard, thank you very much, I suppose these different numbers may refer to the non-chromed, gold-chromed and silver-chromed varieties of the old curve sabre. :wow:

If you go to Heather's PlaymoDB, you can see what sets they came from.

BTW, "saber" and "sabre" are both correct. However, Heather has them listed under "sword" ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 22:33:59 »
To be precise, I called swords with D-shaped handles "Sword, cutlass-type", and curved weapons with with cross-hilts, "Sword, saber (curved)".  PlaymoDB Parts Containing "sword" will show them all (and a few other things with "sword" in the name).  Completely arbitrarily out of my head, to the tizzy of weapons experts everywhere :)  I do try to choose names that are useful to search on, hence the inclusion of "sword" in both.

I was surprised to notice that I only have 114 handheld weapons on file, in about 60 different shapes.  It certainly seems like there ought to be more, when I look in my parts bags!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 01:36:01 »

Hello, Heather ...  :wave:

Completely arbitrarily out of my head, to the tizzy of weapons experts everywhere :)  I do try to choose names that are useful to search on ...

Please be assured that I would NEVER ever criticize your choice of names for parts that you have cataloged in your wonderful PlaymoDB ... I can't even imagine trying to come up with appropriate labels for just about any or ALL of the parts that you have listed.

Heather, you continue to do an incredible job of providing our Playmobil community with one of the most useful tools that we could possibly wish for. Thank you!

All the best,
Richard

Edit: Ooops ... forgot to "bold" Heather's name ... :-[
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:24:28 by Richard »

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 02:16:04 »
Thanks Richard!  If something is uselessly inaccurate, don't hesitate to let me know.  Ideally I try for a balance of accuracy, descriptiveness, plain English suitable for the auto-translators (I get quite a few hits through Babelfish and the like!) and searchability, but many or all of those often get ditched in the interest of just getting the darn thing done.  I do go through spates of fixing and adjusting.  There are still several hundred parts with German names imported from playmobil.de, for heaven's sake... I'll get to them by and by.

One set at a time, that's how it goes.  All offers of help gratefully accepted.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!