Author Topic: Contests not to compete but to share  (Read 8858 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Contests not to compete but to share
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 20:30:40 »
Ditto - open a new one on the 1st of each month, Labelled "March 09 Photo Co-Operation" or similar.

I'm wondering if there needs to be a closing date, but hey, I can leave that up to the moderators!  ;D

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 21:49:49 »
Ditto - open a new one on the 1st of each month, Labelled "March 09 Photo Co-Operation" or similar.

I'm wondering if there needs to be a closing date, but hey, I can leave that up to the moderators!  ;D

The pressure builds!! 8}

Gepetto

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 03:29:54 »
I think this sounds like fun, so open subject, opens first of the month and locks on the last day. I would suggest that people title their contribution(s) to facilitate future searches for specific photos. Shall we start in March?

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 04:04:56 »
I think this sounds like fun, so open subject, opens first of the month and locks on the last day. I would suggest that people title their contribution(s) to facilitate future searches for specific photos. Shall we start in March?
Gepetto

I agree with you Gepetto in regards to the contributor assigning a title to help with future searches  :help:. March sounds great! Is the deadline date the 15th of the month? & then that monthly thread will be locked down on the last day of the month so a fresh start can be the first day of the following month, or does it need two days to close it down, & prep for the next months entries  ????
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 08:03:28 »
I really do not care and am just throwing ideas out there  ;) .

Me too  ;) Was no critisims on your idea, just another one or maybe an "extension".

I agree with you Gepetto in regards to the contributor assigning a title to help with future searches  :help:. March sounds great! Is the deadline date the 15th of the month? & then that monthly thread will be locked down on the last day of the month so a fresh start can be the first day of the following month, or does it need two days to close it down, & prep for the next months entries  ????

Hm, I think I do not understand: then contribution time will be only two weeks?  ???

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 16:23:10 »
I don't really see a need for a cutoff as long as we have time to post the pictures by the end of the month.

I rather like the idea of a general theme in that it gives all photos a connection and is independent of themes or time,  'friendship', 'helping out' ,'travel' are independent of time or theme yet would all offer different perspectives of the same thing. Thoughts?

Gepetto

Offline wonderland5

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 22:22:33 »
this sounds like fun!!!  great idea.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:22:16 »
I don't really see a need for a cutoff as long as we have time to post the pictures by the end of the month.

Actually, since it isn't supposed to be a competition ... you're right Gepetto !

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 13:56:42 »
IF we are going to incorporate a theme ( friendship, nature, love, jealousy etc...) should we give a certain amount of times notice ? If the cooperation starts on the 1st of March should we post the theme on the 1st of March or earlier ?

Yes this is not going to have voting so we really do not need a 15th cut off .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 16:22:08 »
I think we should brainstorm some themes, post them so others have as much advance notice as possible (some may rather spend 3 months working towards a particular theme then participate every month) then the only deadline is to get your photos in to appear in the correct month so they are in context. Suggestions?

Gepetto