Author Topic: Contents of all DS catalogues, 1983 to 2016  (Read 5275 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Contents of all DS catalogues, 1983 to 2016
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:48 »
which 77 sets? what additional information?
what other information on the 17 sets? (visual inspection? but they are the same photos....let me see if I still have non-German DS catalogues, maybe I'll understand what you seek when I see those sets  8}

Sorry for the confusion, cheng. I have added a link to the fourth section to show the 77 sets found on PlaymoDB which aren't from German catalogues. I highlighted 17 of those because I could not find a release date or any other info., until Heather helped! I checked Collector, Produkt-Archiv, Klickypedia, searched Klickywelt and PF posts and still came up with nothing!

7693 - Traffic Control is German, though. Since instructions for 7692 - Police Officer & Motorcycle were printed in 2007, I expect 7693 is from the same year.

Thanks Heather. Information about the (five?) French DS sets from 2002 or 2005, Keychain 7610 (is 7611 from the same source/ year?), 7944 and 7693 all useful.

I have searched again for 7693 in gassy's scans without success. I notice from your list  PlaymoDB Parts Containing "catalogue ds" (in English) that there are TWO DS catalogues per year for some countries/ years. I suspected this already (I commented that 5 sets were marked 'Leider ausverkauft' (Out of Stock) in 1976, perhaps this was the second catalogue of that year?). So perhaps some of the 'missing' 77 sets appeared in catalogues which don't form part of gassy's scans? If so, "Oh Snap, my work here is NOT done!"
I will send you information about the UK DS catalogues I have.

Tahra, Tiermann; thanks, it was a lot of work (most of it done intermittently over the last 6 months whilst sitting in Costa/ Leisure Centre waiting for children to complete various activities before taking them back home- thank goodness for free WiFi!) and I hope to post it on Klickywelt once I have translated it...

Fwom 2002 to 2012 pwices have almost doubled.

(I´m still in "I have a fwiend in Wome" mood)
:lol:
The avewage pwice certainly has Hadoque. These 18 sets were available each year in the same time pewiod (2002-2012) and they increased in pwice between 15% (Quartz sets 7569-72) and 140% (Train tracks, 7357). The joy of spweadsheets! (spot the saddo!).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 19:31:09 »
This is a truly heroic undertaking.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 05:56:26 »
I'm in awe  :o

Seriously.

Wow! :wow:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 23:57:03 »
Wow! This stuff is fascinating. Thanks for sharing this!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.