Author Topic: Cavalry soldiers' hat  (Read 240 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Cavalry soldiers' hat
« on: February 27, 2024, 11:58:26 »
Found in my spares box, two varieties of cavalry soldiers’ hats with plumes. On the left in each of the following pictures is the hat and plume from 5580/6305, with two ‘prongs’ on the back of the plume, 2 holes for those prongs and 2 holes for the chinstrap.
On the right is a hat with only one hole (no chinstrap holes) and a different-shaped plume. Where is this hat from? Is it even Playmobil?

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Cavalry soldiers' hat
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 13:15:14 »
Could it be Lyra?

edit: Or Schenk?
(it looks familiar)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 13:30:06 by tahra »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Cavalry soldiers' hat
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 15:23:03 »
Yes, Lyra is a possibility. Sets 1032, 2017, 2117 and 4106 all have the hat without a chinstrap, but the plumes are the same shape as the PM one,
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 17:45:25 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)