Author Topic: Take Along School 5941, Reviewed  (Read 9736 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Take Along School 5941, Reviewed
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 01:59:27 »
Woah, i love that two-sided shelf unit! :o Is that a new piece? And all the maps in this set are great! Ok, you've convinced me. I must have this set! It'll be my first take-along, but it's better than some of the past ones. I really like the front. Do the front doors stay securely closed and keep everything in? I guess you can just put all the pieces in the other room to avoid anything falling out.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 03:01:03 »
bonniebeth:

The doors (factory attached) seem to be designed to only open inwardly. That should help prevent pieces from falling out. I don't know how well this will stand up to actual children! I think your idea about putting everything in the other side is right on the money. In fact, that's what I'll do!

As for the shelf, don't know if it's new, but here are some more pics.

Side one, with closed shelf

Side two, with open shelf

Shelf on side

Hope these help!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 03:06:04 »
Thanks for the extra pics! That's a really great piece. I can use it for improvements to the gift shop!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 06:10:43 »
Wow - now that's a great set! One I definitly will need to own.
Thanks for the review!

Sigh ... it's going to be a expensive year.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 07:13:15 »
An excellent review of a beautiful set!!! Many set for all the pics and descriptions! I can't believe the level of detail on this one!! I mean for a take-along set the details are very carefuly done, and the use of stickers to indicate various object and thus save space, is really impressive! I think playmobil did a great work designing this!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 08:25:06 »
I really like the kids, especially the chinese boy...

(note to self: YOU WILL NOT GET A TAKE ALONG thing. And you do NOT need another school)

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 09:03:37 »
well don thake me wrong pls ilove this set bu the thing that is frustrating me is that us sets are  like a normal toy but in pm look what i mean is that no windows instead they areprinted. everything comes esembled and ready. in trucks and so theres no compartments... i think its not fair. for if you buy pm you wuld expect a fuly pm  item not an imitation like. pe youu understand my point. but still its a really nice set. if im not wrong theres a clinic\hospital  similiar to this right?
ryan :blackhair:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 16:44:55 »
Nice set, a real shame about that horrible window. it should have been a real one with clear plastic to avoid things getting out and lost...  :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 17:00:41 »
Thanks for the review, Toyogolist!

love the asian boy and the african american girl! :love: :love: :love: If I don't get this set I'll get them separately. :)

and I think that North America map didn't come with the large school building because it wasn't a US exclusive like this one
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 23:23:45 »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nice set, a real shame about that horrible window. it should have been a real one with clear plastic to avoid things getting out and lost...  :(

I agree about that window! Cheesy!

I think that North America map didn't come with the large school building because it wasn't a US exclusive like this one

I would have been happy if the 4324 school had come with any map at all! It could have been a world map, or European. Well, at least the school came with a globe. That was nice. :love: