Author Topic: Serenity/Firefly Customs  (Read 9085 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Serenity/Firefly Customs
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2006, 22:58:28 »
Hey Serenity,

I am going through the backlog of unread threads since I joined, and I came across this. I must say: "Bravo!"  :wow:

These are terrific. My wife and I love the show and were very bummed when they cancelled it. The movie made it better, except for the fate of one of my two favorite characters - Wash :( - the other, of course, is Mal (who could easily pass for a space pirate!  :arrr:

Can't wait to see Kaylee!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2006, 23:25:13 »
I'm glad you like the customs, I'm particularly pleased with Jayne and his Blue Sun t-shirt (although my husband thinks there should be a red slash across the front where River slashed him  ;D ).

I've since made River a little better, with the new black hair that's more appropriate to her.  When I get Kaylee and Simon done, I'll post more pics (waiting on my order from DS).

Some creative soul needs to come up with a Reaver or two  :lol:

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 00:11:50 »
Some creative soul needs to come up with a Reaver or two  :lol:

Too gruesome for me I fear! Skeletal and ghost pirates are about the extent of my horror work.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 08:13:48 »
I've only just picked up on this thread and know nothing about the shows concerned (thoughI h=recognise the refs to Buffy and have sometimes watched it, though Diane is the fan).

Having said that, I like the customs, very nicely done and as David says difficult to say where custom starts and the original Playmobil finishes.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 07:16:59 »
The "Firefly" series was only one one season Gordon but is out on DVD and a lot of fun! Your basic Space-Western-Comedy-Adventure story. ;)

A fun thing that happened was that the fans were so upset when it was cancelled that they lobbied long and hard and last fall a feature length film "Serenity" with is also a lot of fun and rather raps up the loose ends. (Except for Inara and Mal.  :hmm: )

What would be super awesome would be a cusom of the Firefly class ship. And Beth, are we to see your updated River...she was awesome in the movie! "I ate a bug!" :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 05:40:54 »
Hello, Mal ...

I just finished watching Serenity the movie on DVD! WOW!
Surely, Joss Whedon is not going to let it end ... ???

I once again looked at (actually studied) your beautiful figures with a whole new appreciation. Now I can fully admire your brilliant customs, Mal! Well done!

I know that Captain Henry is a real Firefly fan. And, it seems that Diana and Meg are as well.

Mal, Are there any other PF members who are also Firefly/Serenity fans? I think that I have just become one after watching the movie.

Now I need to order the Firefly TV series from Amazon. However, the $35.00 price tag slowed me down just a bit (But, probably not for long) ... ;)

Thanks, Mal, for introducing me to a whole new world of scifi through your magnificent customized Klickys.

All the best,
Richard 

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 07:50:57 »
However, the $35.00 price tag slowed me down just a bit (But, probably not for long) ... ;)

I hope you overcome your reluctance and order the series - it is fantastic (and IMO much better than the movie). The writing is terrific and the sense of humor of the characters, as well as the portrayals by the actors, is wonderful.

Oh, and Serenity, we're still waiting to see the new and improved River! :)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 14:36:02 »
Hi Richard ~ Glad you liked the movie, Cap'n Henry is right, the series is better (although the movie answered a lot of questions).  I think I got our set of DVDs off of ebay for $20.  I just checked, you MIGHT be able to get it off of ebay for $25 (includes shipping), any more than that, I'd just order it from Amazon with the free shipping.

Cap'n ~ I'm waiting on a couple of items from DS so I can finish Kaylee and Wash (I need to make a little toy dinosaur for him, eh ;) ).  I need to make Simon as well, but I think I can actually make him by switching parts, no painting needed).
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."