Author Topic: Then there was trouble... (pic size limitation)  (Read 507 times)

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
Then there was trouble... (pic size limitation)
« on: February 27, 2024, 20:34:44 »
Whoever knows Thomas the Tank Engine surely is acquainted with these words! I'm in trouble right now as abload.de might be about to cease service. Acutally I can't upload any new stuff, let's see how long my pics'll still be available here.

What to do? I once used to upload my pics once for all and implement them from abload into my several threads and posts. Klickywelt (and others) stopped embedding foreign pics years ago, other forums have just vanished over the years. So to me there's no use in using abload as general storage any more. Nontheless I still like to provide you with news from the trains - but how? The restriction to 100k per pic's too low as I don't have the time to shrink all my pics just to present them here. Apart they're losing too much of their quality that way. Would there be any other option to directly embed pics to my posts here?

Ich hab ja jahrelang meine Bilder über abload einmal ins Netz und von dort in mehreren Foren eingestellt. Nun scheint abload dabeizusein, seinen Dienst einzustellen. Neue Bilder können nicht mehr hochgeladen werden. Davon abgesehen hat die Plattform für mich auch ihren Sinn verloren, da einige Foren nicht mehr bestehen, andere wie die Klickywelt keine Fremdeinbindungen mehr zulassen. Was tun, wenn ich hier noch Bilder zeigen mag? Die Begrenzung auf 100k pro Bild hier ist für mich zu eng gesteckt. Da erkennt man kaum mehr was (und ich hab auch ned die Zeit, alle Bilder extra für hier zu schrumpfen und nochmal abzuspeichern). Gibt's eine Möglichkeit, hier größere Bilder einzustellen?

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Then there was trouble... (pic size limitation)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 21:39:20 »
I've had no problem using Imgur.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 02:03:54 »
imgur is good.

What about dropbox or similar? I think you just provide the link so the viewer doesn't have to have dropbox themselves.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 06:08:52 »
postimages.org has been working well for me for a couple of years now
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 09:37:10 »
I used to use photobucket, with a subscription. Then they blocked upload of images to forums, so I switched to postimages.org, which I have used for several years, like Macruran. It is free at the moment. I guess these platforms offer a free service in the hopes you will pay a subscription. But when their servers become full, they curtail the service, I guess. You don't get something for nothing after all!

I always keep my own copies of photos so I can restore them if needed. Home data storage (hard drives, USB drives, etc.) Is relatively cheap and secure.

I also use dropbox (for free), mainly to share files like Excel spreadsheets. I don't think you can display pictures stored in dropbox on this forum (at least not in the free version of dropbox).
Here is an image link to an image on dropbox: nothing showing, right?
Here is the dropbox link as a url: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pyyr7h4582bwe3t994jky/IMG_3196.JPG?rlkey=fzzfexi0lc264g0dsj5v43g1u&dl=0
It would be quite cumbersome to have to open dropbox links for photos, I feel.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 09:51:07 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 10:19:03 »
Cheers so far! I'm just tired of having to look for another service again and again. Besides images vanishing as upload services close down take the forums history with them. That's why I hope for maybe a greater size to post images right here.

Danke soweit. Ich hab halt keine Lust, immer wieder umziehen zu müssen. Davon abgesehen nehmen Bilder, die mit ihrem Anbieter verschwinden, immer auch ein Stück Forumsgeschichte mit. Daher hoffe ich ehrlichgesagt auf etwas mehr Platz für Bilder hier...

jj:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 06:45:28 »
I don’t post pictures here because of the size limitation.
100 kb? Ridiculous.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 16:13:16 »
Hai zusammen, hi folks!

Nachdem es offenbar ein Problem weniger ist und ich die Antworten der beiden Mods so deute, daß mehr Platz für Bilder aktuell kein Thema hier ist, ist's halt so. Ich hab meine Bilder für mich alle auf der Festplatte. Ich hatte bei meiner Frage eher an das Forum gedacht, in dem ich mich gern international über Playmobil austausche. Alte Themen hätten auch ihren Reiz, wenn man noch Bilder sehen könnte... Ich werde mich dann für's erste auf Links zu meinen Clips beschränken (da sind auch die Bilder klein genug  :)). Wer mehr Bilder mag, müßte den Weg in die klickywelt wählen.

Obviusly that issue's an issue to a few only and I take the mods replies as a clear indication no changes here are to be expected. I of course have saved my pics on my HDD. I really do care for the forum as I like the international exchange here. Reviewing old topics definitely is a nice pursuit if pics still are provided. So I'll focus on links to my Youtube clips pending further notice. Those fancying more pics feel welcome to visit klickywelt .

jj: