Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199584 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1630 on: July 18, 2018, 14:36:37 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1631 on: July 18, 2018, 14:37:59 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1632 on: July 18, 2018, 14:39:26 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1633 on: July 18, 2018, 14:45:27 »

Enjoy  :munch:

Thank you so much for following this introduction of the custom figures and making this thread my most successful ever with over 100 000 views which is truly amazing me each time I visit it  :thanks: :**:

Your Friend Karim :wave:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 15:18:40 by playmovictorian »

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #1634 on: July 20, 2018, 03:39:55 »
Lovely to meet up with some old friends again Karin  :wave:
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1635 on: July 20, 2018, 06:26:12 »
How wonderful for you to stop by dear Elaine  :wave:

Myself and the little Victorians are so happy to see you  :love:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1636 on: July 22, 2018, 12:48:07 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Just in case you might have not heard our songs and dances to the rythme of the Indian Rain Dance Song, rain finally visited the British Isles last night for the first time since mid May 2018, so a 2 months of intense heat and drought for a country renowned for its lush and green scenery. And since a picture is worth a 1000 words as they say, I invite you to discover a satellite picture of the British Isles taken in May and then in July where you will easily realise the devastating effects of a prolonged drought and heat wave on the environment. Thank you so much to those of you who have left a plate of fresh water for the passing birds, squirrels, cats and dogs - I am having so much fun having observing our feathered friends enjoying their bird bath and even taking their turn in the evenings  :love:. One of England's most severe drought since 1961 which is not over yet unfortunately :

I wish you a great Sunday  8-)

Karim

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #1637 on: July 22, 2018, 16:47:55 »
That is a VERY strong image, playmovictorian.  :(

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1638 on: July 23, 2018, 10:01:38 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

Now that the presentation of the custom figures is done, I will conclude this little interlude with an episode in which the children of Regent St helped by the Klicky Parisiano will repay Louella Parsons, her handy man and Samuel Carter for heir arrogance and endangering the people of the street by their reckless driving  :lol:

This is when my diorama will start as all the figures, vehicles and buildings will disappear to leave a large blank page upon which I will create the little world of New Regent St in its 2018 version helped by my 2 Gardeners Extraordinaires, Monsieur Firmin and Miss Periwinkle.

The buildings will be forming a L shape with a large avenue on the left hand side where the tram will circulate - I will create the illusion of 2 brass railway tracks - as well as the London double decker bus. This avenue will be a busy meeting point for my little victorians and the side walk will simulate the view of a belvedere with posters of popular 1900's London shows and attractions. The atmosphere will be vibrant and city like.

In the front of the diorama and the L shaped buildings, I wish to create a more intimate atmosphere of a 1900's residential community with its pedestrian only street with the grand department store boutiques on one side and of course Mrs Applepie's restaurant which will close this little cul de sac with a terrace filled with flowers and vine extended to a vegetable and fruit garden completed with a beehive, rabbits and a few hens. In the foreground, a little park with a large tree equipped with a swing and a little treehouse from which the victorian street children will observe the activity of the street since I want all stories to be viewed from a kid's perspective. The park will be surrounded by a hedge, metal grid and brick posts topped with a cascading flower pot and will be a popular meeting place for the market day or festive days with music and picnics.

Let's not forget Mimi, the little Flower Seller and her stand filled with seasonal flowers and bouquets.

Food delights will obviously be an important part of the scenes through the culinary delights of Mrs Applepie and I will also add the little expected victorian touches such as the mikl delivery boy, the chimney sweeper, etc.

I also wish to present the future diorama through the seasons starting with Spring / Summertime evocative of the original Mary Poppins movie with Julie Andrews, automnal with the warm tones, Halloween and a celebration of Apple and Wine and of course winter with a magical recreation of Christmas. So quite a challenge to take on for me.

The inteior decor will start of Mrs Applepie's restaurant and tearoom and will continue with the Grand Department Store which amongst other stores will include a bank and a jewellery shop which will not fail to attract the avidity of vilains and robbers such a Arsene Lupin, the Black Cat Burglar and a Moriarty to come who I want to be inspired by the 80's cartoon of a flamboyant character living in a unimaginable dump who spent his time planning to rob a treasure or a famous artwork.

These are 2 worlds which will cohabitate on a revisited version of Regent St, now strongly anchored in the beginning of the 20th century, a time when progress and optimism where in the air.

Our Friend the Electricity Fairy will bring its magical touch to the diorama.

Here are a few insights of the project to come which will start as always with a large blank page upon which I will add coloured paper cuttings to be replaced by the final decor whenit will be completed.

Wish me please lots of courage and see you soon for a fun little episode in which you will see the kids of Regent St taking their revenge on the 3 journalists who will be sent home with "the compliments of Regent St"  :lol:

Do not hesitate to share ideas and suggestions with me for the diorama to come as it is for now a blank page...

I wish you all a great week  :)

Karim :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1639 on: September 03, 2018, 21:52:13 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Here I am again as most kids are back to school after the summer holidays, not by choice but because of my work at a hotel which has taken much of my time since my last post.

I am beyond Happy to finally be able to present the very first pictures of my new diorama "New Regent St" which will give you a better idea of the space upon which I will work, a surface divided by two in comparison to my previous project "Return to Regent St". So a real challenge ahead of me since I have a lot of ideas to fit on a rather limited space which will require all of my imagination and creative ressources in order to present you a diorama as pretty as a picture  :)

Everything will be created like a movie set on which my little Victorians will evolve and every square inch will matter in terms of creating visual perspective.

Those of you who know my work will be glad to catch up with Old Friends Monsieur Firmin and Miss Periwinkle, gardeners extraordinaires who will bring a simple blank sheet of paper to life in terms of outdoor spaces.

I thank you so much for your patience and following this new project as it will take shape.

Karim