Author Topic: Wanted: Selected Mystery Figures Series 1-4  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Wanted: Selected Mystery Figures Series 1-4
« on: June 23, 2013, 19:03:29 »
Having recently come back into the Playmobil family, I was surprised and delighted to discover the existence of the Mystery Figures!  I managed to find a few stores that still had some older stock, but still have a few gaps in my collection. (And I discovered I also suck at the 'feeling' method, even though I refuse to rush and don't mind the stares of clerks!  :lol:)  I managed to pay big $$$ on ebay for one I really wanted, then ended up getting two more of it when I found a store with old stock!)

I am in Canada, but close to the US border, and have a PO Box there, so for mailing purposes, I am dual citizenship!  ;)  Am happy to get them from Europe too, but with the more expensive shipping ideally I'd hope to be getting several!

I don't need them in the bags/packaging, loose is fine. Let me know if you have any extra to sell!  :) Thanks!

Series 1 (Boys)

Uncle Sam
Mummy
Guitarist

Series 2 (Boys)

Prisoner
German w/dog
Basketball player
Pirate
Ninja

Series 2 (Girls)

Vampiress

Series 3 (boys)

Hockey Player

Series 3 (girls)

Pregnant lady
Aeon Flux

Series 4 (boys)

Baseball player

Series 4 (girl)

Rapunzel

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Re: Wanted: Selected Mystery Figures Series 1-4
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 14:37:45 »
No sooner did I post this list then my daughter asked if we could cross the border and go to a mall about an hour away in the US.  We stopped along the way at a store that carries Playmobil, where I had previously picked up the older series.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked in! They had put out a ton more series 1-3, and marked it all down to $1.99! Stuff I really wanted, and on sale! I must be dreaming! :D

We spent about 45 minutes going through the packages, and I managed to get 90% of my list! So excited!

Also got 4231 (Circus clowns) because it had a bunch of music intstruments I wanted, as well as 4309 (piano player).

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:06:47 »
Yay!

I haven't been able to find the mystery figures locally  :(

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 14:43:58 »
It's always a bit of a feast when things like that happen  :confetti: 

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 20:36:37 »
I have the following, if you still need them, but I am in UK!

Series 1 (Boys)

Uncle Sam
Mummy
Guitarist

Series 3 (girls)

Pregnant lady

Series 4 (girl)

Rapunzel
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 21:24:38 »
Thank you, but I did manage to finish getting what I needed from a store that unearthed old stock and put it out marked down to $1.99! (Funnily, I made a trip to this store just yesterday and managed to complete the rest of the ones I needed, that I hadn't managed on my previous trip to this store!)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 13:49:54 »
No problem, Salamander. $1.99 is a very good price (Series 4 retailed for £1.99 in UK- that's $3.04 US- I haven;t looked for Series 5 yet).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)