Author Topic: Playmobil Crusader!  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Playmobil Crusader!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 21:58:35 »
Welcome, Erik, from the USA.

I'm big into the medievals, too.

Hey, if you want good reading on the Crusades, check out Stephen Runciman's three volume series.  The first volume, about the first crusade, is especially enjoyable to read.  There were a lot of weird personalities and a lot of adventures.

-Tim

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 02:17:49 »
Hi Erik,
I don't know how long people can greet you as a newcomer,  I am new to this and wanted to say hello.  Your interest in the crusades caught my eye.  I'm currently trying to set my castle set up as home to a religious order.  I know that they didn't have castles but I thought that they might be housed in one.  I have 10 nuns, a bishop, priest and a friar and several of 4625.  A friend of a friend is currently in Germany trying to buy some crusaders for me.  So far they are out of stock, I hope he will find me some.  Anyway welcome and I hope to hear more from you about your set.

Janice

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:49:52 »
Hi Erik,
I don't know how long people can greet you as a newcomer,  I am new to this and wanted to say hello.  Your interest in the crusades caught my eye.  I'm currently trying to set my castle set up as home to a religious order.  I know that they didn't have castles but I thought that they might be housed in one.  I have 10 nuns, a bishop, priest and a friar and several of 4625.  A friend of a friend is currently in Germany trying to buy some crusaders for me.  So far they are out of stock, I hope he will find me some.  Anyway welcome and I hope to hear more from you about your set.

Janice

Hi Janice - have you seen the catalogue pictures of the Wedding theme for 2008, including a complete church, that are coming out in Germany? That would be an ideal home for your nuns etc. What I'd really like is a chapel to add to my current castle set up.

Did you know there's a third Crusader Special figure coming out in the next batch of Specials in Germany?

First there was 4534 with a red cross and a golden sword, then the 4625 Black Cross Special with a flag as well as his sword, and soon there's 4670 coming out, with a different red cross continuing onto his legs and a more substantial (and new design of) helmet.

I don't know how historically accurate the crusaders are, but they look great!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:23:34 by Martin Milner »

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 00:02:12 »
Hi Erik,
Thanks for telling me about the new sets!!  I did find a connection on this site under 4296 and was able to read and see all the pictures.  This is wonderful and will give a home to all my little religious people.  I haven't heard any more from the "friend of a friend" in Germany so I don't know if I will be adding any more to the set or not.  I hope Playmobil will release these new sets to the US. I'm very anxious to buy them, I've already told my husband to start putting $$ into my account  :love:

I've just finished turning the Pavilion into a flower shop and Garden Center.  It worked out pretty good.  I left the shelf unit in three individual pieces to do it.  The flower shop sign just fits under the front window by using just the first clip piece on the back.  Oh, Oh Grandma is running on about her toys!  Anyway thank you for responding to me.  Hope to hear more from you.
Janice

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 13:18:35 »
Hi Erik, I know you from playmoboard :wave:
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 18:16:56 »
Hi Erik,
Welcome from Arizona. :wave:
Jimbo