Author Topic: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's  (Read 21398 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: NEW Custom Fire Service Tool's
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 10:42:39 »
Hello Everyone :)

I know its an old thread but i have decided to post these here rather than start a new one and have everything fragmented. This way i can keep all of my rescue tools in one place so if anyone is interested in finding them they can do so quite easily :)9.

The latest additions to my collection consist of some new heavy duty jacks:

The first jack is probably one of the largest portable 'air operated' heavy duty jacks available. It is certainly the biggest in my fire service inventory. This sort of jack is used for lifting very heavy objects including: large pieces of machinery, railway locomotives and large objects such as steel girders. To keep the jack small but at the same time get the most out of its lifting capability it has two telescopic cylinders. These allow the jack to be raised to 3 times its original height. An air compressor is used to provide the power needed to lift the jack.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:17:04 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 10:43:23 »
This next set of air operated jacks also double as a set of props. They can be used to lift and support fallen walls, trench sides, unstable vehicles or anything else the fire fighters can use them for. There is also a set of different jack heads which fit at the end of the cylinder. They come in different shapes and sizes depending on what needs to be lifted. The last picture shows a standard flat jack head which could be used for lifting a truck trailer or supporting a wall.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:17:55 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 10:43:49 »
Here are pictures of the air compressor and the 110v generator used to power it. The air compressor is 'intrinsically safe' which means it can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres. All its internal components are designed not to create any heat or sparks and as a result it has no engine of its own. This is why a seperate power source is used to provide it with the power it needs to run. All the air lines are designed so that they can be joined together allowing the jack to be situated a good distance away from the air compressor. The 110v generator has a small 4 stroke petrol engine and in keeping with the air lines the electrical cables can all be plugged into each other.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:19:14 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:13 »
The complete setup including jack, air compressor and 110v generator.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:21:05 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 11:15:17 »
The last piece of equipment in this batch is an electrical extension lead. It is fully functional (apart from not supplying power :lol:) and can be wound in or out using the handle on the side, which actually turns. All of the leads are designed to be plugged into plug sockets on my generator's, lights and vehicles.

Well that's about all for now. I have a few other pieces i am experimenting with at the moment. As soon as they are finished i will add them along with the rest of the collection.

Kindest Regards Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 14:58:44 »
Tim,

These are impressive customs! Do you need to do a lot of fabrication or can you just use preexisting components? Very nicely done, thank you for sharing these (excellent photos by the way).

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 21:15:58 »
You've certainly been busy, Tim, and to good effect.  I especially like the electric cable reel - very cleverly done. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 19:40:00 »
Hello Gepetto,

Thank you for the kind feedback. Allmost 95% of the customs i make use genuine Playmobil parts that have been modified to suit my needs. I like to keep everything as faithfull as possible to the original Playmobil style but at the same time what i am making needs to look like the 'real' thing. As a result i am allways looking through the plans at PlaymoDB for parts i can use in my customs. This usually leads to very big orders from Direct Services though :lol:

Hello Gordon,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. The electrical cable reel was a spur of the moment thing, it just sort of happened. I am planning on making a couple of spares if i have the parts available so while i am at it i will make you one aswell :). The cable itself or the rubber wire i use for the cable is on the DS order, how's that for forward planning ;) :lol:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 20:33:08 »

Hello Gordon,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. The electrical cable reel was a spur of the moment thing, it just sort of happened. I am planning on making a couple of spares if i have the parts available so while i am at it i will make you one aswell :). The cable itself or the rubber wire i use for the cable is on the DS order, how's that for forward planning ;) :lol:

Thanks Tim.  I've just bought the 4082 THW set and so items like that will be very useful for kitting it out.  I hope to do a review of the set later this week.  As it's a big set, three vehicles, two trailers, five figures and lots of bits, I may have to spread it over a number of days depending on other commitments.

I'll follow up your email tomorrow.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 15:45:29 »
Tim W , You certainly have an attention to detail that is right in line with Playmobil . Those parts or tools look to me like original factory sets . I was also wondering if they were all made from playmobil items and was not able to recognize all the pieces you used . Do you use these for play or do you do photo-stories with them ? I can not recall seeing any recent pictures of collisions scenes of yours ( or am i looking in the wrong places )

Thanks for showing us you talented creations
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: