Author Topic: VW...  (Read 7715 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: VW...
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2020, 22:51:45 »
They both look really good. Hope the prices aren't too high.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 10:45:15 »
If they didn't stuff them with light and sound, they should be less expensive than the Porshes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 14:43:54 »
Well, the car is an older VW, certainly a 1300 version at the latest.  So maybe Playmobil are thinking of their older customers.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 14:56:51 »
A link would be handy though...  :)

Sorry, I couldn't figure out the original source, and half the time (or more) you need to be "friends" with the person to see it, so..

If they didn't stuff them with light and sound, they should be less expensive than the Porshes.

May the gods listen...

Someone said that lego also has a VW license, and they have these same cars (obvious enough, I suppose)... in the same colors - imo, NOT so obvious. Does anyone know if the colors have any special meaning?

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 18:53:39 »
they should be less expensive than the Porshes.

I would certainly hope a VW Beetle to be (much) less expensive than a Porshe  ;D
But with Playmo, one never knows....  :crossed:

Well, the car is an older VW, certainly a 1300 version at the latest.  So maybe Playmobil are thinking of their older customers.

My grandma and also her sister drove VW Beetles into the late 1980´s, so as a kid I spent quite some time in these cars.
I guess I´m getting old  :omg:

Someone said that lego also has a VW license, and they have these same cars (obvious enough, I suppose)... in the same colors

Just checked, they do: L*** sets 10220 and 10250.
So the VW-cars are not an exclusive PM-thing, but just another copy+paste case again.  ::)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 04:36:47 »

I'd say these are aimed a bit more at adults/fans of VW - it seems a lot of Porsche enthusiasts bought the Porsche's they made, but I'd say a sports car is always cool to a kid. There hasn't even been a Herbie movie since 2005. On the other hand, cars are probably always good sellers.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 12:05:40 »
Cant wait !!!!!

I still recall how excited I was as a kid when the 3708 was released … a playmobile 348 convertible Ferrari. I tell you this set was quite something back then. klickies were also amazing ….

Needless to say I almost lost my mind when the red 911 (991) was released some years ago. Not so keen on the latest police and fire brigade porsches but I can see the appeal to kids

I really hope and pray that they bring out a ' classic' 911 . I bet they will seeing the VWs !!!!

My first car was an orange beetle 1303 as well …..

CANT WAIT I SAY , CANT WAIT !!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

:loco:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 15:57:53 »

I really hope and pray that they bring out a ' classic' 911 .

There's two new Porsches next year, and I think one of them is a 911?

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 06:30:56 »
you are referring to the 911 police car ? Iirc this one and also a macan fire brigade one....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2020, 07:18:51 »
you are referring to the 911 police car ? Iirc this one and also a macan fire brigade one....

I was actually thinking of the ones released in June 2021 - but I took a proper look at the pictures on klickywelt and the 911 is a rally car