Author Topic: little wooden boxes  (Read 8005 times)

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
little wooden boxes
« on: November 25, 2005, 18:56:25 »
I made these  customs of soldiers of the American War of Independence  with Sylviawho designed and made the art work on the boxes.
Didn´t she do it well?

I made two of each. One of them I kept and one was sold or given away. Two are in The States, two are in Scotland and two, surprisingly, in Taiwan.

There is another!!  I haven´t a duplicate and this unique figure is in Wisconsin.

Guarrensino

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: little wooden boxes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 21:15:20 »
They look fab displayed together like that! 8-)

I consider myself very lucky to have half of the full set, especially as I have my favourite, the Hessian rifleman. :love:

If anyone wants a closer look at these guys and their specially-labelled boxes, the page with links to each one is at Just For Kl!cks: American War of Independence Series

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 22:04:13 »
Wow!!  :omg:  They are absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 22:33:06 »
I've never seen them all together like that.  They look really great.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 17:06:59 »
Hello  David  :wave:

These are absolutley amazing custom's and Sylvia has done a wonderfull job on the boxes. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us  :)9.

Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 18:35:00 »
I remember my jaw dropped open when I first saw these customs a few months ago. They are simply amazing, as are the boxes. Any chance you two would consider making any more for sale? :)

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 00:53:53 »
I've never seen them all together like that.  They look really great.

Me either! You two do such wonderful work! I love the boxes (almost) as much as the customs. Were the boxes terribly hard to make Sylvia? I can see that being a lovely way to store and to display special figures.

As for favorites, I had a hard time deciding but think I'm fondest of the footman?  I really like his shirt and hat (and yes, I know those probably aren't the right terms David. ;)

Absolutely stunning you two!

And I just wonder who in Wisconsin has one?  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 21:49:45 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 19:24:07 »
I hate you! Why have you got all that talent? Where's my share? ;D

Ain't they just fantastic all together.

Are you going to add more figures to this unique collection?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 20:46:38 »
What the boxes terribly hard to make Sylvia? I can see that being a lovely way to store and to display special figures.

Er... I think Mr. G may have given you the impression that I actually constructed them? Or am I wrong? ;)

David bought the boxes ready-made, most likely in a craft shop or somewhere similar. All I did was design a label using Paint Shop Pro (PSP) that could be printed out and stuck to the top. ;D

I do love doing this kind of thing because it stretches my abilities with using PSP. For instance, I only worked out how to curve text while making these labels. Before that I hadn't a clue how it was done. :P

I remember my jaw dropped open when I first saw these customs a few months ago. They are simply amazing, as are the boxes. Any chance you two would consider making any more for sale? :)

Time is probably the major factor, and as David is the one who makes the figures, it's him who has to find the time between other projects to do it. ;) Add to this the fact that he finds repetitive work a little boring and prefers to have something new and challenging to focus his creative skills on... and the chances of producing more identical figures becomes even slimmer, unfortunately. In the end, the final decision rests with him and not me, so it's really up to him to answer this. :-[

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 21:17:47 »
LOL I didn´t expect such a reaction, I must be doing something right.  ;D Thanks very much

And I hate you too Gary, especially when I see some of those old sets you´ve got  ;)

It was fun making these.. at first, but after making 12 the novelty wore off. the only country I left out was France..The country which helped  the US the most.. 

Psyche,the footguard was one of my favourites too, as is the Hessen-Kassel grenadier. 

The boxes give them that little bit extra and I wouldn`t have known how to begin the label . Well, I did begin, but Sylvia took one look at my attempts, then went  ::) ::) and said quietly, " I´ll do that."  :lol: 

Guarrenzino