Author Topic: "Lego" 4250 and 4258  (Read 4788 times)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
"Lego" 4250 and 4258
« on: October 17, 2010, 18:26:05 »
Someone claimed that imitation is supposed to be the best form of flattery:

http://www.sears.ca/product/best-lock-construction-toys-princess-castle-playset/606-000680199-05038C

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: "Lego" 4250 and 4258
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 18:27:57 »
what is this ?  ???   ???   lego copied this set ?  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 19:05:31 »
I believe best lock is lego knock-offs, if I'm not mistaken. I guess if they will copy lego, they will copy playmobil, too.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 22:07:36 »
Best Lock to me, is a mixture of Lego & Playmobil .....our Winners had the Best Lock's version of the pony ranch set right with the Playmobil...the horses look similiar to PM's version and almost made me look twice, thinking it was PM!  :P

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 16:47:36 »
i really hate lego  ::)

i bought a couple of star wars sets some years ago and ended up giving them away. the klickies are ugly, the thing feels lumpy and everytime you try to pick something up it falls apart. apart from the not unimportant fact that it's even more expensive than PM.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 18:59:01 »
I have most Star Wars Lego sets... Love the combination of simple lego build system and technic system they incorporate!
I still have my childhood Lego in cabinets as a matter of fact, and also tried a few of the latest knights sets... But thats as far as my lego fascination goes...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 19:03:56 »
I played with legos as a child -- until I discovered playmobil.  ;D  Then everything else was forgotten. To me lego can't hold a candle to playmobil. It just isn't pleasing to look at. If you really like creative building projects, obviously it has an appeal. But when you love doing detailed dioramas that are fun to look at, like I do, it's playmo all the way!  But I did spend a lot of hours playing with lego pirates, and I still have them, actually.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 19:52:08 »
We love building with Legos at our house but they hard to play with...the kids have Toy story sets along with LOADS of containers full of Legos....but the stuff tends to fall apart when the kids go to act out different scenes and such....poor BuzzLightyear's ship~ the parts at the back tend to come off easily and is bound to crash one of these days!  :P The little Green Aliens are too cute though!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 14:24:58 »
what is this ?  ???   ???   lego copied this set ?  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

It must sell a lot for girls ...
It's targetting strategy.

Anyways, I like lego. They have some really good dioramas, and there's nothing like it to build ships, but you can't relly on their toyish engeneering, you have to make up your own ships, so as to be able to play with it without it crumbling appart, all right.

I gave them away along with playmo, in my late youth, when I thought I needed toys no more. (Don't ever do it! ...) I regret. I came back to playmobil, in 2008. I'd like to get some lego too, but it's absolutely out of my financial possibilities, and I still have a lot of playmo on the line ... Playmo is definitely priority.

But they have a cool range of dioramas, I particularly like the work on this site, http://www.brick-castle.com/ (the effects of water are really beautiful!), but if you google "lego diorama castle" and "brick castle", you'll find a lot of real good stuff.

I also like the lego Star Wars series, I find it fits really nicely. (There's a huge Millennium Falcon set that astounds me ...)

But I have to set priorities, and my character building demands playmobil. Lego is great for complex (or simple brick-to-brick) buildings & for ships, but there's nothing like playmobil for characters, which is my focus, even in "futuristics".
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 15:07:32 »
Someone claimed that imitation is supposed to be the best form of flattery:

http://www.sears.ca/product/best-lock-construction-toys-princess-castle-playset/606-000680199-05038C

Oops ... If you take a closer look, it isn't original lego: the horse isn't the lego one ...

(And it looks like computer made.)

Not sure.
Gus
:blackhair: