Author Topic: Help on Steck house parts  (Read 3025 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Help on Steck house parts
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:24:53 »
I've decided what parts I need for my planned double-fronted Steck house and looking on PlaymoDB I see that there are two numbers for each of the wall with two windows and the wall with a door and a window, and all available from DS for Steck houses at the prices shown:

30 07 9550 Tudor wall with two windows         £1.80

30 07 6790 Tudor wall with door and window  £1.30

30 02 8870 Tudor wall with two windows         £1.05

30 02 8970 Tudor wall with door and window   £0.90

Can anyone explain why there are two versions of each part, both apparently the same but at a different price?  And can anyone confirm that you get the framework and the wall as a single unit?  Long ago I'm sure that the wall insert and the frame were ordered separately.  Certainly from somewhere I've ended up with some frames with no wall insert.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Help on Steck house parts
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 13:08:16 »

Can anyone explain why there are two versions of each part, both apparently the same but at a different price?

Two versions at different prices? It must be an IQ test from Playmobil ... ;)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 13:28:53 »
I'd LOVE to have more information on this.  As you can see from the picture cut-outs (links below), both numbers appear next to the same part in the instructions.  I bet one's for the white part and one for the brown, since they're not multi-part "30 6" numbers as they are for the walls in the other colours.  However, I have no idea which is which!  I just hope no one has ordered one of these hoping to get both the white and brown parts but only receiving one, but I haven't heard.

30 02 8870 - Wall, framework, 2 units wide plus corners, 2 window openings
30 07 9550 - Wall, framework, 2 units wide plus corners, 2 window openings

30 02 8970 - Wall, framework, 2 units wide, window and door openings
30 07 6790 - Wall, framework, 2 units wide, window and door openings

Sorry not to have more information!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 13:45:15 »
In the past I've ordered these parts, but I'm not sure now whether I used both numbers or one and what the result was in either case.  I think on one occasion I received an assembled frame and insert,and on another just a frame, but I'm also fairly certain what I ordered each time was the same!  ???
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:56 »
I'd LOVE to have more information on this.  As you can see from the picture cut-outs (links below), both numbers appear next to the same part in the instructions.  I bet one's for the white part and one for the brown, since they're not multi-part "30 6" numbers as they are for the walls in the other colours.  However, I have no idea which is which!  I just hope no one has ordered one of these hoping to get both the white and brown parts but only receiving one, but I haven't heard.

Sorry not to have more information!

I know that my information is 99% correct because a German member in the "Portal"-Board posted the parts numbers and info for the individual parts. Obviously, he HAD ordered individual ones.

So the 3002 8870 and 3002 8970 are the "white" parts. And the 3007 6790 and 3007 9550 are the "wooden" parts.

By the way, I've heard (also reliable source) that the moulds for the "closed medieval wall (no windows or door)" parts were badly damaged or destroyed. That is said to be the reason why they don't turn up the the "new" Steck DS-Houses (the red, blue and now yellow one).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:30:31 by Playmofool »

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:01:02 »
Excellent, Simon!  I'll get that updated as soon as possible.  That would explain the different pricing, as well.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 18:06:13 »
Thanks, Simon.  I shall order on that basis and confirm what happens.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:51:15 »
By the way, I've heard (also reliable source) that the moulds for the "closed medieval wall (no windows or door)" parts were badly damaged or destroyed. That is said to be the reason why they don't turn up the the "new" Steck DS-Houses (the red, blue and now yellow one).

Were they badly damaged before or after the accountants explained it would be cheaper to go with one style?

How do you break a steel mold?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 02:59:34 »

Were they badly damaged before or after the accountants explained it would be cheaper to go with one style?

How do you break a steel mold?

Wonder what it is that suggests ... that perhaps your name should have been Tom rather than Tim? ...  ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 04:29:47 »
A child hood friend of mine had a family business where they made gas powered airplane props out of plastic. They had this large computer controlled machine that would carve out the negative out of a hunk of aluminum . It was quite interesting to watch how a program on a computer would automatically carve a block into a mold . The molds would ware out over time and if you dropped one or set it into the injection machine wrong it would break or bend causing it to become scrap. it was quite an interesting shop set up in a huge barn in the middle of a tomato farm .   the molds were quite fragile- from a kids perspective, but then again we were boys and broke just about everything >:D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: