Author Topic: An official list of all the names/descriptions of the Fi?ures  (Read 65988 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: An official list of all the names/descriptions of the Fi?ures
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 00:33:44 »
Pynedor, wow. Thanks for doing all that work, and all the descriptions sound perfect. Except one thing :-[... the Emergency worker/ambulance driver. Paramedics HATE being called ambulance drivers, so maybe we can change it to paramedic. I loved the description "pumpkinhead." :lol:

Sure thing. That's fine with me. And thanks, haha. I liked Pumpkinhead too. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 02:34:48 »
The rapper is just as much Phy as the lady in the ugly green dress is gaga.

Also where is the flamenco dancer?

There sure are a lot already  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:22 »

She is in Series 3, number 4 on the insert.  :D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 04:01:19 »
The rapper is just as much Phy as the lady in the ugly green dress is gaga.

There sure are a lot already  8}

Are you talking about Psy? I hadn't even thought of that for the rapper in series 4. He doesn't have a moustache or tattoos, and I don't think he really dresses like that.

And I called the flamenco dancer the Spanish Dancer / Latin Dancer.

If everyone comments on whatever they think we should change or add to the lists of possible alternative names for some of the figures, we can set up a more comprehensive list and individual pictures.

EDIT:

Also, I have all of these individual images ready if we're really going to make a comprehensive list. :P

As reference, this is the resolution of each of the individual images. I think this is the best we can do with stock images; I think they look pretty good. The series 6 ones are from the PCC (not club exclusive images though), and they have a bit better resolution right now. When they are added to the website, it will be easy to add matching images for them as well.

Series 1 through 5 resolution:

Series 6 resolution:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:56:04 by Pynedor »
~Pynedor~

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 05:46:25 »
Awwwweeesome!!!  :woohoo: :clap:

Brilliant. When the kids go to sleep I will go through the list and add my opinion/s.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 15:52:26 »
Great images pynedor, thank you for your effort on making the lists.

A poster of them all would be great now that I see the way you organized them
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 17:17:58 »
Wow, to see them all together like that is awesome! Pynedor, the images are great.  Thanks!!

Mimmablue, I love that you laminated the inserts.  I did that for my son with a Thomas & Friends insert but hadn't thought of doing for myself.  I might need too.

Bonniebeth,  I like "Miss Liberty" for her too.

I'm am having so much fun with these figures now that I am getting back into Playmobil.  While I was away from Playmobil I was still in and out of toy stores a lot for my son, nephew and other gifts and they were the only Playmobil I would let myself buy and I just tossed them in a bag in the back of my closet for later.  It's been so much fun opening them all up but now I wish I had bought more.  I've been filling in my must haves off ebay but I much prefer buying them unopened at my local toy store for $2.49 - cheaper and more fun.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 19:07:49 »
Would you like me to host this at Animobil?
If so maybe it would be good to add actual photos of each with front, side and back shots? Should we include an exploded shot showing all the parts too?
I can put the pages together if someone else would care to supply images.

Also I would call the female rider figure an Equestrienne

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 21:12:56 »
Pynedor, you have done so much work for this project, thank you! I think hosting a list at Animobil would be a great idea. If you want to keep it simpler, we could just use the stock images, but actual pictures are nice because they sometimes show details that are hard to discern using the official images.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 22:08:54 »
I'm not familiar with Animobil, but I assume we could put a link here to the final list so we can easily access it?

I would also be happy with just the stock images... once you finally get the figures in your hands, it's nice to discover some new details you didn't see in the original images/packaging. But it sounds like something we could add to over time.