Author Topic: Series 8 and 9  (Read 8142 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Series 8 and 9
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:35:12 »
Maybe this is somewhere else and I haven't seen it. The new catalog has the pictures for the Series 8 and 9 mystery figures. There are about a half dozen really neat ones there.  Unfortunately, there are some reissues, and some really boring ones.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Series 8 and 9
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 04:13:58 »
There are a couple interesting ones in the bunch.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:39:56 »
Definatly many great figures there, I hope to get:

-The warrior king in green.
-Pirate.
-Wizard.
-Viking.
And I gues the western soldier and crusader wouldnt be bad to get either by accident.

Not really sure about the female gladiator character.. I want to see what clothes she wears behind that shield. It looks rather modern. If it turns out to be fitting for a gladiator I'd like to get that character though.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 15:54:43 »
Definatly many great figures there, I hope to get:

-The warrior king in green.
-Pirate.
-Wizard.
-Viking.
And I gues the western soldier and crusader wouldnt be bad to get either by accident.

Not really sure about the female gladiator character.. I want to see what clothes she wears behind that shield. It looks rather modern. If it turns out to be fitting for a gladiator I'd like to get that character though.

I wondered about that one also.  Though there apparently women gladiators, from the one picture she looks more fashion modelish than fighter.  I thought the most interesting figure is the Napoleon one. I see that as the prize figure from that series.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 16:16:15 »
I want that female gladiator.. And most likely her legs in numbers! (the shield is HORRID)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 20:03:04 »
There are some nice ones, but they really seem to be lacking in creativity even when reusing old parts. A bunny lady, but exactly the same as the old one? They couldn't even bother to change the paint color on the printing or the plastic color on part of the clothes?

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 20:27:40 »
I must say its a lot better than batch 7 which I found quite weak.

That warrior king is just amazing. I love those colors. That dwarf king of batch 9 is cool too, they are finally learning to make great king characters.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 14:08:01 »
For what I like, I reckon these might be some of the best series so far. :D The only complaint that I have is that some of them seem a bit light on the accessories.

Series 8: As Rhalius has noted, the green king is really great. He and the crusader are my favourites of the group for sure. The Viking is cool too, and the wizard would be fantastic for parts (the hat and staff).

I want that female gladiator.. And most likely her legs in numbers! (the shield is HORRID)

Yes, I agree, those legs will be great! ;)

Series 9: The dwarven king is great too. He reminds me of the Asian Dragonland king in the Advent calendar set, except that he appears to have a properly moulded face instead of a printed one! :) The ninja seems like a repeat, but I never got the other one, so I'd like to get this one. I also like the archer, catwoman, and dancer. The legs on the latter two look great! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 14:56:06 »
So many great ones for us in series 8
 The crusader looks great and should add diversity to our gang.
The Viking is nice but isn't that the same print on a recent knight?
Need loads of the confederate
I too like the green king
Need bout a dozen football players for a new team
 The wizard look cool, literally, he looks like the ice witchs wizard.
Want the new spider witch and Indian girl
The female gladiator need some clothes if she is going to fight.
Finally a female clown
 All the others seem common repeats

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 17:00:19 »
Well this all sounds very exciting can't wait to see some pictures for myself anyone got a link? cheers