Author Topic: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures  (Read 7671 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures
« on: March 16, 2014, 18:12:28 »
Hello folks hope this is in the right place since the Mystery figures topics were reshuffled I'm rather suprised not to have seen more reviews on the figures but, I decided to go down and get the ones I wanted before they all went I managed to find all of them apart from the Lifeguard who was harder to feel and I might get the guy in his PJ's as well.

First figure I got was the Alien not sure what to say about him, I'm not dissapointe dwith him but, at the end of the day he's an Alien and he's very green, not sure about the baton gun though 

Next I got the Arabian guy because I used to really like the Disney Alladin movie and he reminds me a bit of Alladin my first thought when I saw the photo of him was he'd look good with the Genie special and the magic carpet from the set they did in the 1990's

I've got to say I quite like him I was quite surprised at how small his chest is compared with a normal figures and I wasn't sure I'd like the neckpiece but, it looks much better to me in the flesh, the turban is quite nice and the other accessories fit in well with the feel of the figure

The Karate guy was fairly easy to feel with his big chopping block a nice way to add acccessories to the figure, he looks fairly good to me nice print on the chest and he's got a bit of a tan nothing particularly special though

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 18:27:35 »
I got the Pirrate seeing as I've not got many Pirates and he seemed like quite a nice figure I've got to admit I wasn't disapointed, the chest print is a very nice detailed design and I like his long coat and hat plus it's good to have a Pirate with a peg leg in my collection. He also comes quite well armed 

Next up we've got the Highlander I know many people have been particularly wanting this one and I can certainly see why it's a great design with good colours and the kilt? looks great the way they've done it draped over the shoulder.

The sword  :o and scabbard also look really good and fits neatly over the kilt, the design of the scabbard looks as though it fits with the period you'd expect see him in. Also I really like the hair piece on him and the Karate guy it looks good from both sides and nice and wild for a Highlander although as some people have said I suppose a beard or ginger hair would have been quite suitable for a Scotsman.

The Gladiator for me was one of the figures I was most looking forward to adding to my collection, he looks quite well equiped for his role as a Gladiator although a net or a trident might have worked well. The gold colour scheme is very striking not sure whether it looks to flasy for a Gladiator or whether you might expect to get some Gladiators with gold armour, one dissapointment is that I put th visor on the way up shown in the photo and you can't have it lifted up to see his face.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 19:11:44 »
Finally the other figure I was really looking forward to Haiwaian Santa  :lol: what a great idea

I've got to say I love the design with the bright Reindeer surfboard and the vibrant shirt the floral design is really great quality. Also the shades look great and the way they've done the bobble on his hat mamkes it look as though he's wearing it while riding the waves. He doesn't appear to look so good on the surfboard although that may just be my posing skills and he didn't float when I tested him in the swimming pool

I also took a few extra photos mainly of things I spotted afterwards. First of is the Arabian guy again, if you look closely at the sides of his trousers they appear to have a shaggy edge which is more what I'd expect from a Cowboy figure

I was also surprised to find the Pirate did not have a bald head with a bandanna as I expected but, instead he appears to have a new headsculpt not sure if the beard is new though  but, it's an interesting piece

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 19:16:06 »
I was also disapointed to spot a flaw with my Gladiator, someone hasn't done a very good paint job ...

I'm actually rather annoyed by this  >:( I'm sorry but, it just doesn't look right a Gladiator with stockings, does anyone know if there's anything I can do short of buying another figure which being on the dole I can do without the extra cost or buying some flesh toned paint?

Finally using some of my spares and the extras from this series I created a little custom admittedly the cuffs don't match but, I think he looks alright to join my French sailor/soldier

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 19:26:21 »
:o :o :o

I never realized what the gladiator torso is!

Thanks for the clear pics. As to the "bad feet", email playmobil service in the uk - they should replace them.

The arabian has fringes because he has indian legs. No comment.

I can't believe the karate guy. YAY, they changed the hair?!

(and you have the belt backwards on that last pic)

Forgot to say - the great bandana "hair" of the pirate appeared in that hideous "singer" with the full diaper and ruined torso... the highlight of the set, for sure.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 19:32:58 by tahra »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 19:43:05 »
I never realized what the gladiator torso is!
What is the gladiator torso?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 02:31:33 »
What is the gladiator torso?

I think it's the same torso mould as used for some of the cavemen.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:03:32 »
Thank you for those nice pictures  :wave:

Maybe Santa needs some practice before he can 'ride the waves' properly  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 08:30:40 »
I think it's the same torso mould as used for some of the cavemen.

Yep. The "official" pics don't show that cause they are preproduction (an odd move, since some have really horrid stickers)...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:03 »
Great review! It's quite strange that those legs weren't painted correctly. :-\
~Pynedor~