Author Topic: Playmo-Friends July 2022: Faun 70815  (Read 1535 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Playmo-Friends July 2022: Faun 70815
« on: July 12, 2022, 23:02:33 »
Produced in Malta and Tunisia, the "Faun" 70815 arrived in the stores this week. With very prominent hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, he might perhaps better be described as the Greek god Pan, even though the latter's distinctive musical instrument (the pan flute) is missing; our figure instead carries a bow and quiver with two arrows. Pan and his Roman counterpart Faunus were often equated, so I suppose it is of little consequence how we should call him. What matters is that this is a great figure, and a welcome supplement to Playmobil's Greek Gods series.

Let's first look at him, front and back:

Skin colour is "tanned", body and arms are "speedo" type (using Playkingdom's taxonomy of body types). The legs are what really matter, of course, and they are most probably compatible with other "speedo" parts (caveat: I have not taken my Faun apart, but the legs seem accordant with the "speedo" type).

The biggest and best surprise is that the legs can bend, so that the Faun can sit!

The previous Mischwesen in the Playmo-Friends series, the Snake Lady 70859, is immobile from the waist down, so I am very happy that Geobra decided this time to produce a more complicated composite part.

Finally, the hair, with ears + horns as a separate part that can be pinned onto the hair:

The exact same ears + horns in a different colour have been seen before with the Gargoyle of Figures Series 21. The horns (of pretty pearl colour) can be taken out of their setting.

Underneath the legs (hooves) the year 2022 is inscribed, just like 1974 appears under the feet of the classical Klicky.

So much about a very nice figure!

Thanks for reading.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Playmo-Friends July 2022: Faun 70815
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 00:55:50 »
Thank you for posting this, StJohn! This is a highlight of the 2022 sets for me... now that I see your pictures, I will have to get used to the bright blue loin cloth!

David in Victoria

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 05:15:43 »
It's a great looking figure, thanks for postingbyhe review. I assume they will eventually reuse the leg mold in other sets. Would be a cool addition to Ayuma in different colors like grey and tan

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 07:31:46 »
Thank you for the detailed review - I can't wait to get my hands on them - and I WILL POP THEM. I am sure (without really KNOWING) they have the same innards as the "regular" speedos...

I don't really like the pearl color for the horns, but then again, variety is good! :)

He's BEAUTIFUL. :love:

I agree with Tiermann - I hope they make those legs in many colors!

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 18:18:06 »
Great clicky. Thanks for the review and the foto’s. I’m looking forward to seeing the customs with this one  ;D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 22:53:44 »
Great review! Thank you. :D

Are the arrows white or a light shade of tan?

I can't wait to get my hands on them - and I WILL POP THEM. I am sure (without really KNOWING) they have the same innards as the "regular" speedos...

I would guess so too. I also plan to try out a few custom figures with these parts! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 00:07:02 »
Thanks!

Are the arrows white or a light shade of tan?

They are tan.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 10:55:21 »
Thanks for the additional information about the arrows!
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 10:31:58 »
 :(o): I'd totally forgotten about this guy! Thanks for the review!

I think it's been said but this fellow and the snakewoman seem like references to Clash of the Titans!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 14:49:51 »
Thanks for the review, I already have some on the way & am looking forward to seeing them in person   I really hope the use this body type to make a Mr Tumnus & The Lion the With & the Wardrobe set.