Author Topic: 70807 Ayuma Bat Fairy Ruins  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: 70807 Ayuma Bat Fairy Ruins
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 04:15:28 »
Lots of great pieces there and the new steck is most welcome.

I guess the designers forgot what the hooks on steck floor pieces are. They're not just to keep the floor in place but are meant to represent the ends of wooden beams and as such should be as wide as the gaps in the wall pieces. It's the one thing that really lets this set down, having those skinny bits with a gap either side.

Oh yeah, and again with the stupidly oversized box. Many people ship playmobil outside the free service they run and a box twice the size means paying a lot more in postage for literally nothing. Plus it's a waste of cardboard.

Thanks for sharing Tiermann.

Is that gargoyle available in the regular grey?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 05:07:21 »
The gargoyle is available in three greys so far
light grey  30 02 8184 (from 70745 Violet Vale Wizard Tower)
dark grey  30 06 7123 (from 70362 Scooby Doo Adventures in the Cemetery)
blue grey  30 04 0624 (from 70807 Bat Fairy Ruins)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 08:51:00 »
Great review, Tim. Lots of play value and great parts. I think I may have to get this set - consider yourself an influencer!  :P
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 09:22:07 »
Thanks for the detailed review!

I am tempted by this one, especially since it's available in a new colour - I'm glad they went with it, because even though it's not compatible, it works well for this set and all of these pieces are repeats and widely available.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 17:39:14 »
Thanks for the review!!
Good to know that the steck is in another colour.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2022, 00:50:27 »
Great review, Tim. Lots of play value and great parts. I think I may have to get this set - consider yourself an influencer!  :P
Does that mean we're under the influence?

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 05:57:35 »
Thank you dear Tim for this excellent review  :wave:

Karim

PS : I have featured your wonderful and stylish butlers with the presentation of Ms Georgiana Lambe from Sanditon  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2022, 07:37:26 »
Does that mean we're under the influence?

Apparently "influencer" really is a thing. Along with 'personal coach,' 'entrepreneur,' 'lifestyle guru,' 'celebrity' and several other job titles which people claim for themselves to avoid doing real work.

Anyway, Tim's review did influence me into buying thus set (got it half price  ;D).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2022, 00:22:06 »
Great review, Tiermann! Thanks for all of the great pictures and detailed information about this cool set! :D

The thing I dislike about the set the most is that the larger tree is not molded to fit the root piece. Both have been used before and the tree was made for directly on a landscape plate not to fit on top of that root piece. It looks awkward and wrong to me, the one part of the set really that just doesn't work.

That is weird. It still looks a great set though.

These pins are a standard size. That means you can use them to fill any hole that is designed to fit a typical small plant stem.

Is that the same size as the pin on most of the flame pieces, such as the ones used with torches or staves?

The shields in the Ayuma sets is a new mold, different from the old castle small shields. This set has the only black example so far. The bat heraldry is a sticker.

Interesting! I was not expecting that. How does it differ? Looking on Animobil, it looks like it might just be a bit narrower.

There are a surprising number of unique colorations in this set. This seems to be true of many Ayuma sets. Using a unique color palette really helps the theme a lot I think. The sets feel dark and magical in mood and really work for a deep forest setting as is portrayed in the video series.

I agree! While not the best for matching other parts, the sets really do look nice with these colours.

Hmm is my avatar Tiermann the Dinosaur my spirit animal??

Definitely. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2022, 00:59:33 »
Is that the same size as the pin on most of the flame pieces, such as the ones used with torches or staves?

Interesting! I was not expecting that. How does it differ? Looking on Animobil, it looks like it might just be a bit narrower.

Yes, the same size for the rock pins as a flame

The shield shape is almost identical, but the handle on the back is totally different. Old knight shields have a looped or D shaped handle. The Ayuma shields have an L shaped handle