Author Topic: How to click *this* Klicky apart?  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
How to click *this* Klicky apart?
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:31:59 »
Hello everyone!
 :wave:

I am very happy about the Spanish method ... (I read a topic posted by Socrates, long ago ... Very efficient! :yup: ), it was great to click the fat klicky apart. (And not only the fat one ... Blast! ... I'd love to have found out back then, in the childhood days ... But, well, I'll survive by doing it from now on! :P )

However, the only way of doing it, was after removing the black coat, and it was ... I felt not little uncivilized about forcing the coat out, with the arms turned back :( Is there no other way of doing so with this klicky?

Gus
:blackhair:

[Heather's image is in gif ... Maybe this is the problem, it only opens if you have opened the gif image before.]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 17:17:27 by Gustavo »
Gus

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: How to click *this* Klicky apart?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:25:05 »
I can't see your picture Gus, it seems you're trying to use a picture from someone else's site.

Can you post a link to where we can see the picture?

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:06 »

Here's a link to the page with the image. :)

http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+13+0520

I've never been able to successfully remove the jackets from these figures unless I have completely disassembled the figure first. They are so tightly fitted that attempting to prise one off will usually either snap it or put stress marks on the plastic. :(

I use the "Hans On" method for these guys. Replacing the fat legs with regular ones and then giving it an almighty whack usually works in the end. ;D

http://svencentral.com/playmobil/hanson/hanson.html

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 11:32:04 »
Complete disassembly is the route to go.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 15:55:01 »

I use the "Hans On" method for these guys. Replacing the fat legs with regular ones and then giving it an almighty whack usually works in the end. ;D

But do you manage to use the Hans with the fat klickys?? :hmm: I couldn't get this done ...

G.
Gus

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 16:05:55 »
I was having problems with the fat klickys also and just kept putting them aside until I had a herd of corpulent klickys on my hands! Sylvia's suggestion about swapping the fat klicky legs for those of a thinner figure and then using the Hans method worked very well for me. I still have not been able to get the Spanish method to work for me.

Gepetto

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 17:02:05 »
I still have not been able to get the Spanish method to work for me.

Have you seen this post by Socrates? (It's back in 2005 ...)
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=121.0

I was a bit desperate to disassemble the klickys, once I still have very few of them ... And I was thinking about putting a topic about it, then I decided to search for old "how-tos" before, and found this tutorial by Socrates, and decided to try. I didn't have a thick elastic band, so I used the common thin one that everyone has at home ... I never imagined it was going to work out so easily, and I have to say that I was astounded to see the strength that even a very thin elastic band shows: it's (nearly) impossible to disassemble a klicky with your hands only ... The elastic works like magic! All you have to do is to put it (very tight, the more, the better) around the head. Then, when you turn the head, the elastic band makes the rest ... I'm at awe! I still don't understand (or don't want to believe) about the physics of the operation but it works. (I will have to take the fact to a friend of mine, engeneer, so that he may (easily) put thought on it and explain me so that I can understand ... But, understanding or not, it does work. And I agree with Socrates that it seems to inflict less damage to the klickys.)

I was having problems with the fat klickys also and just kept putting them aside until I had a herd of corpulent klickys on my hands! Sylvia's suggestion about swapping the fat klicky legs for those of a thinner figure and then using the Hans method worked very well for me.

I still don't have common (assorted ;D ) klicky legs to spare on this yet, but I'll give it a try, as soon as I get one.

G.
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 17:21:02 »

I've never been able to successfully remove the jackets from these figures unless I have completely disassembled the figure first. They are so tightly fitted that attempting to prise one off will usually either snap it or put stress marks on the plastic. :(

I was afraid that it might crack ... But I realized that it's more flexible than it looks like. If you turn the klicky's arms back, and apply some strenght, it will jump back, and the process doesn't leave any marks.

It's better to disassemble the klicky with the Hans, though, once you work well with it ;) ...

G.
Gus

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 20:20:28 »

But do you manage to use the Hans with the fat klickys?? :hmm: I couldn't get this done ...

G.

They are much harder to crack open. :yup:
To begin with I had very little success too. I think I worried about damaging the figure and didn't exert enough force because of this. Then one day I just managed to hit a figure hard enough for it to come apart, so it encouraged me to keep trying on other fat klickies.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:00:44 »

It is so interesting to read about everyone disassembling their Klickys (and all the different methods that are being used).

It was only a little more than six years ago when Bart held the very first customizing contest at Collectobil. And, that was before any of us had even heard about the "Hans On" method ...  :klickywink:

Click Customizobil to take a look ...  :klickygrin:

BTW, the "annual" Collectobil contest was held only once.
(Even though there were few participants, by today's standards, it was just too much work.)