Author Topic: try to find a mysterious dollhouse roof  (Read 1865 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
try to find a mysterious dollhouse roof
« on: April 29, 2010, 16:12:08 »
i see in some sites and in my collectors 1st. edittion book that they made bigger dollhouses but for making a largest dollhouse you need a large roof cover does anyone know where to find that or if these things exist on the market??

see the result  :   http://www.playmotown.de/playmomanor/index.htm

see the standard roofholder :  http://cgi.ebay.de/Playmobil-S0-Puppenhaus-5300-Dachplatte-/110514138519?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item19bb27ed97
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Re: try to find a mysterious dollhouse roof
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 16:17:56 »
I would guess that a number of the standard 'roofholders' have been used, - probably cutting off the side edges so that they would fit together.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 16:25:56 »
can they fit so well ?? i don't think so i have seen some other changed parts from the dollhouse the big windows  http://cgi.ebay.com/Playmobil-VICTORIAN-MANSION-5300-SUNROOM-WALL-WINDOW-/220574643660?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335b45f5cc   the down parts were removed!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 18:19:46 »
Probably a good custom technic that only the one who did it can tell us...perhaps there is someone you can contact in that website????

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 19:47:50 »
(From Macgyver's topic in Community events - Essen 2/3 01 2010 Playmo Lego Börse) I'm not sure how to do the link.

The pieces that hold the roof together on the larger houses are from the last dollhouse
The smallones have been cut and pasted
If you look closely you'll see the difference in the colour

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 17:33:04 »
(From Macgyver's topic in Community events - Essen 2/3 01 2010 Playmo Lego Börse) I'm not sure how to do the link.

i don't understand what he means??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 13:16:01 »
I don't know how to paste a link to this, but go to Home, have a look in the 'Community events' section and find the "Essen 2/3 01 2010 Playmo Lego Börse" thread and look down the questions.
I asked Macgayver how they did the roofs and this was the answer he gave
"The pieces that hold the roof together on the larger houses are from the last dollhouse
The small ones have been cut and pasted"
By that I think that he means that he cut took some of the roofholders, cut them  and then glued them together to make the size he needed.
Hope this is clearer!

Elaine

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 13:21:34 »
I don't know how to paste a link to this, but go to Home, have a look in the 'Community events' section and find the "Essen 2/3 01 2010 Playmo Lego Börse" thread and look down the questions.
I asked Macgayver how they did the roofs and this was the answer he gave
"The pieces that hold the roof together on the larger houses are from the last dollhouse
The small ones have been cut and pasted"
By that I think that he means that he cut took some of the roofholders, cut them  and then glued them together to make the size he needed.
Hope this is clearer!

Elaine

That is a good explanation and one that is most likely to be used, as it is used a lot in sets and parts like this one....cat what preventsyou from joining two or three parts together to make a bigger part for your creation...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 15:30:55 »
well yes i think i got what he means . but there is no chance that these roofs were prodused as an add on set  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!