Skater with printed face
4 (3.6%)
Skater with classic face
23 (20.7%)
I like them all
4 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: March 28, 2012, 21:18:59

Author Topic: The new faces  (Read 8893 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: The new faces
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 05:36:42 »
Are the new faces pretty much isolated to the Fi?ures only? To me it looks like the majority of the boxed sets mainly come with the classic Klicky face. Each boxed set has one or more and some have half a dozen.  The ratio seems to be on the classic side. The classic face with stubble or angry seem to go with the more aggressive sets such as Pirates, adventure, Knights etc.......
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 18:21:47 »
It seems that the new faces are just in the Series figures... for now. But the printed-on classic-style faces (like the angry ones) are in other sets, and that's unfortunate. :(
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 18:26:36 »
It seems that the new faces are just in the Series figures... for now. But the printed-on classic-style faces (like the angry ones) are in other sets, and that's unfortunate. :(

Playmobil seems to be running wild with prints. Its stamperific good times over in Zirndorf. I think after they find out the prints wear off over time they will re-think this position. Auctions full of faceless klickies will be a bad reflection on quality
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 19:26:33 »
Playmobil seems to be running wild with prints. Its stamperific good times over in Zirndorf. I think after they find out the prints wear off over time they will re-think this position. Auctions full of faceless klickies will be a bad reflection on quality
True, indeed. The printing quality isn't even good on the ones that I have, so they look not only cheaper but just terrible. It almost looks like the printing machines were low or something, with some already looking partially faded or "blurry".
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 23:48:55 »
I agree. The printed one is definitely bad, but the classic one also looks really bizarre with that hair. Moulded glasses and an unshaven face would probably look better.

Ditto. I think that if you were to buy the rocker, and switch his face to the classic smile, the hair would need to be changed. Actually, I think that the orange hair looks bizarre in any case, classic smile or new face. :P
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 07:33:29 »
The LACK OF printing quality has been a problem for years. It's ridiculous in some figures and accessories (posted a couple on the PROCESS, and it's also on playkingdoms). I mean, it would be fine if that was done by ME... now for what's supposed to be a high quality brand.... meh.

Oh, and I actually like the guitar player's hair! That one and the basketball player...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 07:59:41 »
I voted for ''like them all'' !! And I do! Reason being, a variety in faces can show different character traits. Much you can do with swapping parts and customisation there  ;D
Lets face it, Playmobil does this for marketing issues: It may be that a child growing up in the digital world today is not too much drawn in just a smiling face. It works ok for us who grew up with it, and with more clearcut notions of, lets say, good and bad, but for someone to like playmobil today and be drawn to it, it needs to have more variety. Company's target groups is mainly children, so their strategies are directed towards them. And judging on variation, and how distinctive selection can work for different kids or adults, this marketing policy seems very effective!!

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 01:23:30 »
I like classic playmobil faces!The prisoner's classic face would not have 5 o'clock shadow beard!Also I want a way to remove the other faces!!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2012, 06:13:44 »
Also I want a way to remove the other faces!!!!

just scratch them off with a paper cutter and then smoothe them with paper sand.

Offline QUINOA

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 13:14:54 »
I really love the spiked hair!