Author Topic: Fixed wrist klickies 1974 to 1982- how many were there?  (Read 6023 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Fixed wrist klickies 1974 to 1982- how many were there?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 21:55:26 »
Great Job Graham, i`m not sure,  maybe is off totic, the modern Klicky ( from collector book) with special arms is missing;D

gassy
Thanks gassy. Are those fixed wrists, or just blue hands on blue arms?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 22:01:57 »
You guys! Cinemano has just made a short film about fixed-wrist klickies! Everyone has GOT to watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-yI4JhURjQ

:)9 :munch:

Oh my, that's just great! So romantic. And funny.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 09:00:18 »
Thanks gassy. Are those fixed wrists, or just blue hands on blue arms?

Blue hands on blue arms.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 02:12:58 »
Here they are usually the other way around...  :picsplz:

I could only find one and that's in poor condition though you can see the colours, particularly on the arms. Accessories were the same. I have no idea who made these, as in licensed or not. Hands are a different shape and slightly smaller.
The dark blue of the legs is not a regular playmobil colour is it?
Regular playmobil for comparison.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 06:00:53 »
A couple more of that type showing other colours in the range:

Regular klicky on right for comparison

There were also chromed ones. These ones all came in second hand lots so I assume they were shiny originally and have degraded over time. "Klicky" on right is typical for how the chrome has broken down. It only affected the torsos, helmets are identical to other chromed ones from the time. Helmet on right is just more playworn.

Another example of these guys from an auction:

The queen is a regular klicky.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:55:34 by Klickteryx »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 09:06:56 »

The one on the left is definitely older (printed face, flattened edges to soles of feet). I can't see the details on the soles of the feet on your picture, unfortunately. For some Trol, Famobil or Lyra figures, the licensee's mark is branded on the sole. In the case of Famobil, this is an 'f' in a circle on the left foot (where Geobra klickies have a 'b' in a circle- see page 426 of Collector 3rd edition).

There is a post on Klickywelt (  http://www.klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59969&p=813390&hilit=Anfang+figuren+Loch+fuss#p813296) showing  an intermediate blue klicky from 1974, but I have never seen one in real life. Playmorache says the intermediate blue klicky was from 1974 construction sets. They had flat feet (no ridge around the edge) and either a single hole (loch) or a single b on each foot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:42:24 by GrahamB »

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 09:35:44 »
These klickys have no markings on their feet, just the ridge around the edge.
The one on the right has the usual geobra and 1974 markings, the one of the left is plain.

The markings you mention were like stamps on the feet, no ridge lines from what I've seen (online) just a single letter.

At first I though they might be playmopeople as they were sold here, but the klickys I know are playmopeople that I have have the usual geobra and 1974 on them.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 09:51:35 »
They aren't like any of the 200 or so Playpeople klickies (Marx toys, UK licensee) I have, none of which has unmarked feet. So, perhaps some other licensee? Eleven licensees produced fixed-wrist klickies (based on set box pictures in Collector); Antex, Kenbrite, Trol, Lyra, Japan, Irwin, Korea, Aurimat, Famobil, Marx and Schaper. They could be one of those or knock-offs!

I have Trol, Lyra and Famobil fixed-wrist klickies, all of which have lettering with a ridge around the edge of the sole, but the ones you have are perhaps earlier examples before lettering was used.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 19:19:16 »
Interesting!

I don't think I saw one like that before - I don't remember if the schenk ones have ridges on the feet..

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 09:37:01 »
Graham, were there no males with blue bodies & legs + fixed red arms?  I have one with this combination, he's an 11a type (head M, skeleten O, foot R, bottom SOS, male, blonde hair).

I was looking at which ones I have from your list (21 of the 74 pictured, not inc any Playpeople only colour combinations) & couldn't see this combination, so thought I'd ask.