Author Topic: New stuff 2019  (Read 20708 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: New stuff 2019
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2019, 17:01:25 »
For the first time since 1978 there is NO BIG PIRATES SHIP ANYMORE !!

Does nobody find this important / pityfull enough to write a reaction ??

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2019, 17:04:55 »
Seeing as this was one of the original themes , yes it’s concering .

I am just hoping Geobra is planning on releasing a new pirate theme once they deplet the current stock , with out fantasy elements ( but I would probably have better luck having my farm struck my a golden meteorite)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2019, 17:25:07 »

What should I say? There was a pirate element in Super 4 (didn't you like the house?), there is now the take-away tavern, and there will some piracy as Movie sets, I assume. So, they haven't given up on the theme altogether. You are right that there is a hole where there used to be a large ship ... Perhaps, just perhaps ... 3940 will be released as a Classic? It has happened to the Schooner ... :crossed:

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2019, 18:07:37 »
The 6678 is still available. Maybe they're taking a step back from the pirate theme to rethink it and maybe they are planning something new for next year.

Sales must be an influence as well. Is the theme selling as well as it used to or are kids less interested by pirates now that there's no new Disney pirate movie?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2019, 18:44:40 »
With the death of the knights theme which has been around since the beginning the ship is just another casualty. As everyone else has said though, it's likely a temporary hole and there are ships in the HTTYD range though they're fantasy - just like the whole knights theme has been replaced with fantasy.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2019, 19:01:48 »
You are right that there is a hole where there used to be a large ship ... Perhaps, just perhaps ... 3940 will be released as a Classic? It has happened to the Schooner ... :crossed:

Without a DECENT ship, pirates become just landrats and have no reason for existance.   :(

3940 (= 3286 for USA) as a Classic Edition? Hmm...
Perhaps without klickies and accessories and canons, otherwise I think it would be very expensive for a Direct Service set...

The 6678 is still available. Maybe they're taking a step back from the pirate theme to rethink it and maybe they are planning something new for next year.

Sales must be an influence as well. Is the theme selling as well as it used to or are kids less interested by pirates now that there's no new Disney pirate movie?

Yes, 6678 is still available, but when it is not mentioned/shown anymore in the German catalogue, I think that means they´re just selling out their stock. And the US & other foreign countries´ catalogues run always 1 year behind the German & Benelux-countries ones, discontinued sets are 1 year longer available outside the "home" market (and usually sets & themes are also realeased 1 year later on the "foreign" markets).

Also, 6678 is a very dumbed down big ship; it comes without cabin, with a tiny cargo-hold, with stickers as fake-cabinwindows,  very fake stick-on canonports, etc.
Sales of that one will probably be WAY down when compared with the sales of it´s predecessor-ships.
Myself for instance, I bought more then a "dirty dozen" of the 3940-flagship released in 2000 and also of the 5135-variant released in 2011. What the silly 6678 is concerned, I bought ... just 1. So sales are certainly down in my area!  :lol:

I always hoped there would come a sequel to the movie "Master & Commander - The Far Side of The World" with Russel Crow, the end of the film left an opening to a sequel and there were some rumours once, but it never materialised...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 19:20:17 by Hadoque »

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2019, 19:10:23 »
it's likely a temporary hole

I hope so.
But there never have been breaks with the other main themes, except for the Western Theme that came back from death but only for a short while. The Victorian Theme is dead & burried, the Trains Theme is dead & burried, etc.
And there has f.e. never been a year without a decent castle in the catalogue for the Knights Theme. Though one now can indeed regard the Knights Theme as gone as well, at least it´s classic interpretation.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2019, 20:43:49 »
Not sure if anyone noticed, but I guess Playmobil hinted - intentional or not - some other Movie Figures:

Unless those will only be released as stickers...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2019, 23:56:06 »
The online US catalog has been updated. It now includes HTTYD series 3 and the Playmobil Movie sets as well as figures 16. This is a different version than the print catalog I got last week.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2019, 11:23:48 »
Perhaps, just perhaps ... 3940 will be released as a Classic? It has happened to the Schooner ... :crossed:

The Schooner they could sell because it was so rare generally - the various big pirate ships are easily available on the seoncd hand market, so it might be hard for them to compete with that. I assume that's why a lot of the Victorian sets have never appeared in the DS selection (though on the other hand they haven't issued the small-but-rare Victorian sets so who knows....)