Author Topic: Lighthouse  (Read 10045 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Lighthouse
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 14:47:00 »
a lighthouse, as little jo just demonstrated, would be a very nice playmobil set.
now that the g.p.s. navigation system is taking over the seas, the lighthouses are becoming increasingly obsolete.
nevertheless, they are one of the most beautiful constructions man has made.
i very much like them when they are mixed with ancont fortresses, like the ones playmofire shows.
little jo's one is kind of shorter, maybe more like the one in the cover of this book...

Interestingly, the lighthouse theme is very popular with stamp collectors.  New issue lighthouse stamps sell out very quickly and there is a Lighthouse Stamp Society.

Here's one which is a mix of the old and the new.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 15:09:54 »
:yup:
the house will be a problem, no doubt.
for the background problem, you can always use the gallery "klickies in the real world" started by captain henry.

:)

Yes, that was also what I was thinking of because the real world sky is endless and should be sufficient for the lighthouse. Nevertheless in real world I'm dependent of waiting for a "nice sky".  Although it's sunny here the sky doesn't look nice  :-\

Here are some pictures of three UK lighthouses, one of which is partyl maybe built on the accommodation.  The knight superset might be the answer.

Wow, what a lot of lighthouses this thread brought up ... *hmgrpfl* Gordon, what did you suggested? I'm not with knights and now I have to buy this superset ... because this idea is absolutely fantastic!!!  :D
Can anybody provide me the diameter (or better the area in general) of the round 4133 fortress section? I wonder, if the lighthouse tower can be placed inside the round section of the mini-castle. Has anybody some detailed pictures of this set?

This really would be the perfect solution in case the fortress can be combined with the tower.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 15:17:05 »
hello Jochen,

That looks great.  :yup:  Thanks for sharing.

Ben

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 15:40:40 »
I'm not with knights and now I have to buy this superset ... because this idea is absolutely fantastic!!!  :D

It even has rocks around it, which is the reason no doubt for putting a lighthouse on it. ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 20:16:59 »
It even has rocks around it, which is the reason no doubt for putting a lighthouse on it. ;D

Oh yes, indeed. Actually I had been messing around virtually some days ago with the rocks from the dark castle but hadn't a good idea how to arrange them suitable together with the tower. But this is really a great idea. Thank you again, Gordon.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 20:41:24 »
Hello  Little Jo  :)

:wow: Your custom lighthouse is amazing !! It really does look just like the ones in the pictures !! I cant wait to see it on the base covered with rocks.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 09:45:20 »
I got my copy of Playmobil Collector 2 yesterday and couldn't resist posting this scan of the stamps on it! :lol:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 16:16:15 »
:wow: Your custom lighthouse is amazing !! It really does look just like the ones in the pictures !! I cant wait to see it on the base covered with rocks.

Thank you Tim and all the other for your praise, and Tim, I will show some photos with the rocks  ;D because:

I must say, Gordon, your idea with the rocks/castle was absolutely brilliant. You have a very good imagination for this. I bought today the knight superset and ... it looks great. I just have to find a piece of sky where no house, forrest, hills etc. are in front of to make the photos without any disturbing "real-life" artefacts.

I got my copy of Playmobil Collector 2 yesterday and couldn't resist posting this scan of the stamps on it! :lol:

:lol: That's really funny!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 19:14:22 »
Ok, during the board has been down I was a little bit busy making some photos of my final version of this custom lighthouse. The "story" with more pics can abe seen here on my homepage.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 19:20:29 »
Wow, that is superb, Jochen.  Really magnificent.  Must follow up the "how to" link now.