Author Topic: Bogro's castle  (Read 3866 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Bogro's castle
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:30 »
I know I've been sort of away for quite a while. Not that I stopped with the klickies nor that I was tired from your company (far from it) but things have been rather chaotic and energy consuming here for a while. We've finally managed to get into calmer waters and now I feel eneretic enough to continue with the castle.

I got some new parts (thanks MacGayver and Sis) and I also got some new parts from DS. Allthough it's not quite finished yet; I did manage to get approval to hijack the dinertable for a few days and put up the castle. Much to the pleasure of both boys.

The first picture doesn't show much of the new buildings, allthough you can see a bit ...

... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Bogro's castle
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:31:10 »
And here's the new extension in all it's glory. In the middle is the new Ridderzaal (or "Knightsroom") where the lord or lady of the castle keeps her meetings and banquets.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:33:23 »
A view over the Westwall.
You can see in the background the large square keep. On the right of it there's a small building planned containing the blacksmith - but it needs a few specially adapted parts and therefore not ready yet.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:12 »
A view into the courtyard.
On the bottom of the picture is the new Ridderzaal. I decided not to build a floor underneath the roof so as to make it a very high room. I intend to do the same with the chapel in the future.
On the left of the Ridderzaal is the private room of the Lord or Lady of the castle.

In the top of the picure and on the left of the square keep you can see the Baracks. Groundfloor containts the armory. The first floor has the living space of the soldiers. The attack is the dormitory.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:39:39 »
a view into the Ridderzaal.
Unfortunately, most of the wanted/ needed furniture is missing; but it gives a nice impression.
The Herald marks the part of the building where the guardsroom should come. Plans are there - now only the cash to pay for it  ;D

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 11:41:51 »
A view into the courtyard.

Queen Maud has arrived with her bodyguard to inspect the construction progress.

That's all for now - as soon as I have more, I will be posting it ...

Bogro

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:47:01 »
GREAT I enjoyed looking at the pictures with envy

seawarrior
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 17:57:33 »
That's very impressive, and very well thought through with all the features of a real castle of the times.  Great photos, too.  Many thanks for sharing them with us. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 00:23:23 »
impressive castle, Marc  :wow:

but you should raise the taxes immediately .... otherwise the guards will occupy the Ridderzaal ...  :lol:

Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!