Author Topic: Medieval Houses  (Read 11335 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Medieval Houses
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 10:11:30 »
...159 €... it sold already, within one day.

I repeat,  8}
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2021, 10:24:29 »
Prices just keep rising. The lockdown is making me crazy so I got myself a sealed 7847 Blue House, which arrived today. Most expensive single item of Playmobil that I have ever bought, but the act is giving me tremendous joy. It's a darn fine looking piece of real estate. Perhaps I will even master the nerves one day and open the bag to actually play with it.  8}

well, i buy sometime single figures for 20-30 quid.. tahts normal and ok..

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2021, 11:16:13 »
It is pretty, but the housing market these days . . .  8}

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2021, 12:48:02 »
The thing with any of the medieval houses is that they could easily reissue them at any point - probably when they've got rid of all the red ones  :lol:

But in the grand scheme of collectables it's not a huge sum I guess.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 20:08:59 »
Them blue steck houses are my favorites. With 60 stecks houses of all sorts and types they are by far my all time favorites playmos

I just hope and pray that nuremberg guards with shiny armor are brought back one day...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2021, 02:05:38 »
I’m not sure how to quote someone with that blue outline, but Mike I saw you mention sometimes paying 20-30 quid for a single model and I thank you for that information as a reference. Since rejoining the hobby and beginning my collection I have been completely unsure what is appropriate to spend on certain items and do not want to overpay. There are times when I really want to purchase a particular item, but have no idea if it is silly to pay past the amounts I have in my head. eBay is one of my few options (especially for older things I’d like to buy) for playmobil because the US website rarely has much in stock. Now I have a bit more of a wide range in mind, appreciate it : )

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2021, 07:29:21 »
You can only really spend what you think is appropriate, but that's the same really with any collectable. You can search eBay for completed auctions though, which would give you an idea of a fair price range.

The only thing I would guard against is thinking of it as an 'investment', simply because a) Playmobil is pretty niche and b) they will (fairly randomly) re-issue sets

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2021, 08:35:35 »
Ahh thank you for the insights, very much appreciated as I did not know you could view such a history on eBay. I would only view playmobil as an investment into my imagination; I’m never giving up my inner child : ) ...I get a good laugh when playmobil asks me to complete a survey for the child I’m making my purchases for. The options are basically younger than 12 or over 12 (there’s a third option but it is somewhere around 6 or something) Apparently being in your 30s is completely off of their radar...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2021, 09:41:51 »
 :lol:
That always makes me smile! Playmobil do not really understand the importance of adult collectors, although there was an all-too-brief Playmobil Collectors Club which they axed, to the anger and confusion of collectors. Lego has embraced the adult collector market, even marketing sets as for age 18+ (because of 'difficulty,' not because of 'adult' themes! :lol:), but Playmobil hasn't really understood the potential. Judging by membership of forums like this one, there are many PM collectors in Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands and increasingly the UK, US and Canada. And Portugal has at least two!

If you enter a search on eBay, then scroll down on the left hand side you can select 'sold items' and this will show you what people paid, though not accepted 'best offers'.

What you pay will depend on how obsessed you are, like Oliver said. But there are many sellers asking unrealistic prices. If it's a recent set, it's worth searching online retailers to see if there is a better deal.

If it's a spare part, it's worth checking if it's available from DS for a lower price. Some sellers seem to buy spare parts and resell for inflated prices on eBay, though Playmobil do not allow this. Check on playmobil.co.uk (scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on 'find spare parts') to see what is currently available and prices. As US DS is notoriously poor, you could ask a Playmofriend  (;D) to make an order in the UK and send over to you!

If you don't mind paying the shipping charges or shopping in German, eBay.de has probably the best range of Playmobil, though many sellers there don't ship internationally or use PayPal.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2021, 11:29:56 »
So far I’ve found some very friendly playmobil stores on eBay...the interface of eBay isn’t exactly user friendly, however, and piecing together big orders usually means I cannot use the “request a total” feature- the stores generally send feedback sharing that they are aware and will refund excess shipping and handling, but rarely is the refund generous. There are two major European eBay stores for playmobil that I’ve made large orders from this week and the end result (after refund) was nearly 100 dollars in shipping and handling...certainly a form of highway robbery, but I needed their products so it had to be done. Most people are rather kind, but sometimes there are those who choose another path. If I see a playmobil lot on eBay for a long time at a huge price- I tend to present an offer just as an idea in case they wanted to get it off their hands. Despite the offer being worth way more than the items, usually those situations end with the seller sending unkind words about “the price being the price” : / which I understand, but I just don’t think it hurts to entertain the idea?.. anyway, thanks for the tips, any and all advice is most appreciated!