Author Topic: Giorginettos Medieval Collection  (Read 158040 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Giorginettos Medieval Collection
« Reply #930 on: January 12, 2018, 12:09:07 »
Don't you have the original images on file?

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #931 on: May 09, 2018, 13:37:39 »
After so many years of setting up this collection, and after two kids ( 6 and 2 now)  :lol: i am very emotional to report that this set up is still standing  ::) with a few additions as clearly there is no space. I  have lots of additional steck houses ( 15 or so) to add , and with over 40 4 way connectors I am very keen to create a totally different and bigger set up , this time using also the vikings i have ( in combo with 170 gauls as foot soldiers ) as well as more trees etc. To achieve this i will have to box all this set up and transport it to a garage currently 70miles from where all this is set . Watch this space as only and when this is done and the new set is completed I will post pics and update this threat that I am so happy to see that it has received so many views and replies over the years .

:wave: :wave: :wave: :P
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #932 on: May 09, 2018, 15:04:22 »
Hats off to you. Best of luck and look forward to seeing it.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #933 on: September 23, 2018, 06:33:44 »
A quick update to a long forgotten diorama and life project. A most likely layout of the next diorama has been drawn. it will involve putting in the castled city another 15 steck houses and also more klickies. I will also set up all of my vikings and toying with the idea to used a Playbig viking ship as their master ship next to the playmobil viking ships . I will probably also use my 150 strong gaul army ( still MISB bags) as foot soldiers for the vikings realm as i think they go well together . will use more trees and animals in the forest and also set up a proper dragons army layout and not this crazy overcroweded set up. I have estimated to set it all up properly i will need about 40m2 of elevated wooden boards as i have done with this set up. I have this space but elsewhere so my current dioramata will have to dismantled , packed , transported and that is probably the hardest part

I havent decided if i use the new dwarfs and trolls. I also find my green and red dragons collections and their dragons and castles somehow aligned with the rest of my original 90s dragons collection and rest really

I have a big debate at the moment if my next castle will be 2 steck level high walls or 1 level as per original . i most certainly find the 2 level walls far more impressive but i think something is lost somehow when building such high walls. either way 1 level or 2 level the next castle will have two walled wallswith lots of square and round towers as per current diorama. any advice or views on whereas to go 2 level high again or return to 1 level steck walls will be more than welcomed. I estimate it will take me 12- 18 months to do all this once i start ...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:01 »
This is a big question 1 steck or 2 steck wall high !!!  :lol:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #935 on: September 23, 2018, 06:43:03 »
my 150 strong gaul army ( still MISB bags)

:(o): :picsplz:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #936 on: September 23, 2018, 08:19:53 »
:(o): :picsplz:

..but they are still in their plastic bags .... it will be a while till all these are set up. Meanwhile as i mentioned above I am very interested to hear views and opinions if i should make the castle wall two steck levels high or single level for the reasons mentioned above . its a difficult question  that i want to decide upon as having over 40 4 way connectors now will allow me to make much more complex and interesting steck designs.....

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #937 on: September 23, 2018, 08:28:11 »
Do the biggest, most complicated and interesting design you can. If that means 2 levels, do it.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2018, 16:07:02 »
I will probably also use my 150 strong gaul army ( still MISB bags)

That's a LOT of detwinning. Detailed pics please!

Do the biggest, most complicated and interesting design you can. If that means 2 levels, do it.

Exactly!

And... :picsplz:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2018, 19:00:26 »
One of the things about going two high is that then you will likely feel the need to go higher on the castle as well. I often feel like the ground floor of my bigger Steck constructions is almost wasted space. It feels like a basement rather than part of the main living areas somehow. Some of that is because I don't put windows on the ground floor usually, so that's certainly a factor. (most of my castles are at the North Pole and I am concerned about snow drifts so don't put windows on the ground level) Also just for defensive reasons I wouldn't think windows - and therefore more light - would be a thing you want on ground floors.
Two high walls do seem more forbidding of course.
On the other hand a certain open quality is nice for the viewer who is looking at your diorama and big walls can get in the way of that.
Don't know if I have been much help, but those are my initial thoughts. A general vague vote int he direction of single high walls I guess.
Nice to see you posting again George!