Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 27751 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2021, 18:28:00 »
Can someone confirm if this reiusse is Steck?

Hereby I confirm it is Steck! :wow:
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2021, 18:52:51 »
Hereby I confirm it is Steck! :wow:

Thank you. Also saw the news on FB. Enjoy!

Darn I was hoping they would put up the rest of the sets so that I could order the mansion and have it arrive before Christmas, but it’s been a couple of days now since the last sets were put up. I wonder if that’s it for now.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2021, 19:37:55 »
But still no chance in the UK of getting spare parts from the new sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2021, 20:16:39 »
But still no chance in the UK of getting spare parts from the new sets.

Got a reply from DS, spare parts for the Victorian sets should be available in 1 week. Not sure if this will be the case for UK as well?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2021, 21:34:21 »
Got a reply from DS, spare parts for the Victorian sets should be available in 1 week. Not sure if this will be the case for UK as well?

Since shortly after Brexit spares haven't been available in the UK.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2021, 08:52:48 »
Try again in the new year, Gordon (no chance before that) by sending an email to Customer Services with your list attached. They will do parts orders, despite what the uk website states.

And yes, this is a direct consequence of Brexit and everyone having to implement new export and customs procedures.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2021, 10:03:06 »
Try again in the new year, Gordon (no chance before that) by sending an email to Customer Services with your list attached. They will do parts orders, despite what the uk website states.

And yes, this is a direct consequence of Brexit and everyone having to implement new export and customs procedures.

Thanks for that info, Graham, much appreciated.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2021, 10:10:22 »
Has anyone posted links to plans yet?  If not, here are some:

http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/70890_buildinginstruction

http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/70894_buildinginstruction

http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/70971_buildinginstruction

They download automatically and are in order house, dining room and bedroom.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2021, 14:33:13 »
Ended up pulling the trigger on the house since I received the three room sets today and fell in love with them.

I wonder if later on they’ll reoffer the extra floor. Then again if it’s on sale, I’d be tempted to get another house and use it to make a bigger mansion.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2021, 18:28:46 »

Isn't the 1st January the end of the Brexit transition period, making it even harder to send things from the EU to the UK?

I wonder if later on they’ll reoffer the extra floor. Then again if it’s on sale, I’d be tempted to get another house and use it to make a bigger mansion.

The extra floor would be useful because it offers a single window wall and a straight connector, which gives a lot more potential in terms of varying what you can build.