Author Topic: The Therapeutic Effects of Playmobil by Steven Balmbra  (Read 7353 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: The Therapeutic Effects of Playmobil by Steven Balmbra
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 20:42:50 »
Playmobil seems to be a popular tool with therapists and psychologists, particularly those who work with young children.

Here's another site which might be of interest:

http://www.smallfigures.net/

wow i didn't know that  :o
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 14:21:44 »
When our eldest boy had speech therapy, (he's totally deaf in one ear and has the other ear aided) the therapist used Playmobil figures and animals in the sessions, we also found that using Playmobil at home encouraged him to talk and act out things he wanted us to understand.
In fact we first got interested in Playmobil because of this  :yippee:

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 12:50:43 »
So I now have a box of klickies in my office- 
Since most of the kids I work with have a mild form of autism which impacts their social learning, the addition of a visual prop has been really helpful in increasing their ability to communicate.
Don't know why I didn't think of this before...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 13:20:16 »
I have a couple of klickies in my office at work, a couple of times , i closed the door and put them on my desk and stuff , really help  when the stress levels are high !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a policeman and a thief ...!!!! i would love actually to have one of my dioramas in my office now that i think about it !!! dont think it would go very well with my boss who is our CEO and my subordinates / colleagues etc etc , still, i would love to have it here , plenty of space for more than one also !!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: