Author Topic: Review of Grande Mansion 5302  (Read 9001 times)

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Review of Grande Mansion 5302
« on: June 15, 2011, 20:13:34 »
My Grande Mansion is built and the room sets are in place. It's a system X building which was easy but time consuming to assemble. The walls seem thinner than the previous mansion houses, but once built, the finished item seems sturdy enough. I like the fact it has two balconies but not very keen on the spiral staircases that look like a deathtrap to me. Any klicky who is a bit unsteady on their feet could easily fall to their death on these narrow tread steps and flimsy handrails.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Review of Grande Mansion 5302
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 20:15:42 »
Here are the new owners, the Leonards. At the moment they have no children but they'll arrive in time with the furniture, along with the grandparents and various other family members.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 20:22:22 »
The doorbell needs two AAA batteries that fit under the front steps in the standard Playmobil battery compartment. The steps are the second piece to add to the base and batteries are best added at this point because it's easier than waiting until the house is completed. The sound of the doorbell is fairly quiet, but it makes a nice realistic ding dong sound. You can see the button to activate the bell just under the letterbox. The speaker for the bell is situated just in front of the main doors and is designed to look like a doormat which is a nice touch.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 20:23:39 »
Lots of attractive flowers to cultivate on both balconies.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 20:25:11 »
Side view of the house. All the windows on the main floors have opening shutters and windows.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 20:27:03 »
You only get curtains in the living room and they're a pretty sorry affair. I prefer the fabric curtains of the original mansion. These are plastic and very narrow.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 20:29:11 »
This is one of the the dividing walls. I don't know why there is such a large gap at the top and I don't like it or see the reason for it. :(

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 20:31:28 »
Living room. The working fireplace is great.

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 20:33:42 »
The on button is situated behind a door in the middle of the fire. I think the button would have been better placed on the top or side. When you initially switch the fire effect on it looks rather disappointing..........

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 20:36:28 »
......but when it gets going, it really lights up and looks pretty impressive. The fire turns itself off after a minute or so and gradually dies down to a single light instead of turning off from full blaze, which is a nice touch.